Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

It seems that the CVS app was only showing me the Pfizer locations. The location closest to me wasn’t an option and I know others went there for Moderna.

I don’t know if I could lie to it and say I’d gotten Moderna, but I kind of don’t want to input inaccurate info in MyChart as that might linger longer than I’d want it to.

My son is having the same issue with Walgreens. It tells him the CDC recommends you get the same vaccine for your booster as you started with. He’s a young male, who started with Moderna, and he preferred Pfizer to reduce the risk of side effects. But he didn’t think it was worth the hassle of lying to Walgreens.

Walgreens might have just made that exception for j&j since I could get any of the 3.

1 Like

Likely correct

I got my booster on Saturday and, by coincidence, had another antibody test on Monday.

My S Protein count has dropped to 942. The N Protein is still a big fat 0.

1 Like

Where’d you get it tested?

i forget, is it S protein or N protein which indicates you had covid previously and it’s not from the vaccine?

S is spike, and you get antibodies from either the vaccine or infection. N is nucleotide capsule, and that’s not in the vaccine, you only develop antibodies to it if you get infected.

when did you have covid? i’m curious how long it took to get down to 0.

Same place I pm’d you about on 8/8. :wink:

It’s a study (now full) done by one of the universities around here.

lol.

I joined a study, too, but it’s blind, so they don’t tell me what they’ve measured. More’s the pity.

1 Like

As far as I know, never. I think you may be reading Lucy’s post incorrectly.

Since N is negative (i.e., zero antibodies) that implies that I’ve never had the 'rona. Since S is positive that implies I’m creating antibodies from either the vaccine or infection (or both, of course). Since the infection has been ruled out, it must be the vaccine.

There was a nice chart I had the first time, but I don’t know where that is. I’ll try to find it again.

ooooh, i misunderstood. i thought you were saying your N antibodies went down. instead you’re saying you never had covid.

Right.

N was zero back in Aug & is still zero today. The only way to get a positive N is to have had the disease.

S went down from where it was back in Aug. The booster was two days before the test, so not enough time to, well, boost them back up. A positive S can be from either the disease or vaccine.

I can’t find it. :angry:

…here are some words that describe it:
from https://ayassbioscience.com/igm-antibody-testing-igg-antibody-testing-covid-19/

I’m holding off on getting a booster for a while. I had an absolutely awful time with side effects after my 2nd shot (Moderna) and the data I’ve read seems to indicate vaccines are still holding up really well. I am not in any group (age or co-morbidities), and I really don’t want to feel that sick again. But I think it’s just going to be a delay of the inevitable because I don’t see myself not getting it at some point.

1 Like

Found it…here.
Scroll down to “Interpretation of anti-S and anti-N antibody results based on vaccination status”.

So the Moderna booster is in my arm!

I stupidly forgot to wear a short-sleeve shirt, so a couple of people got to see my belly & a little bit of my bra… they could’ve had a little more privacy IMO. But whatever. There was hardly anyone else there and it was over really really fast. I think the longest part of the entire process was from when I pulled into the parking garage until I got inside the building.

But I don’t think my car engine was turned off for a full 10 minutes, and I had to take 4 elevators to get to the right place.

3 Likes

I remembered to wear a short-sleeve shirt for my last blood draw, but I realized as I took off the long-sleeved shirt that it was loose enough to pull up to my shoulder. I hate tight sleeves.

I took the day off, so I was wearing a long-sleeved tee that has cuffed sleeves. No way was that going to go high enough on my arm. The worst possible thing to wear, basically. :woman_facepalming: