Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Yes, that’s a standard practice in medical/epidemiological studies, where there are a lot of relevant cofactors. They are supposed to do the selection “blind” to whatever the test statistic is, of course. They do it in prospective studies, too, where the test statistic doesn’t exist, yet.

That factor of 2.43 translates into a vaccine effectiveness of only about 50%, which means it matters a lot less to previously infected people than to those with a naive immune system.

2 Likes

5 Likes

In a Hotel Elevator. I wore my mask in the indoor spaces. If more than two people were on the elevator I waited.

I was on the elevator and a young guy gets on, mask on his chin.
He asks me if I am in the service, odd question since I am a fat 60 yo.
I asked him, and he said he was, normally I would just say "thank you for your service " and leave it at that, but the chin mask bothered me, more than if he had none at all.

So, I say “you know that works much better pulled up”
He says, “I know, but it is so hard to breathe with it.”
I replied “you can’t breathe through a paper mask and your in the service?” as he was getting off

2 Likes

Stu bitches about this all the time.

I remind him that we live in NY state, the land of the big schnozzes. But then, Stu’s nose is huge, and he has no issue with the masks.

They’re not wearing kiddie masks. They will cover the big schnozzes. I have no idea what these people think they’re doing.

I think that with a big nose such as mine, it is harder to wear a mask without it causing your glasses to fog up.

I just got results back from a covid antbody test. The N-test was negative and S-test was positive. This implies that the antibodies I’m producing are only from the vaccine and not a previous infection.

Late last year, before I got the vaccine, I had been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, so I’m surprised (perhaps, relieved) that I never did get it.

Also, I propose that we accept “vacinne” and “vaccinne” as alternative spellings of “vaccine”.

1 Like

“You know what’s even harder to breath with? A ventilator.”

4 Likes

Where’d you get your antibody test?

that comes off as anti-semetic

1 Like

I get my masks at DXL

just looked up the type of antibody tests since I was curious. Looks like you need the SARS-Cov-2 Antibodies Nucleocapsid test to determine for sure if you had a prior infection and the others can produce positive for antibody results from either the virus or the vaccine.

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Antibody Test for Providers | Labcorp

We have Italians (and other ethnicities) with big noses here in NY (check out the Cuomos)… and Stu’s schnozz is pretty damn big, as I already noted. According to 23andme, Stu has the extremely diverse background of all the British Isles.

I blame the Romans.

1 Like

How so? I’m a jew and my nose is big and even if Campbell meant jews in that, I was not offended

it is an old and offensive trope. Given the source, I am not offended as I don’t believe that was her intent, but if said to people who don’t know her, they could be offended.

if I heard from someone who I didn’t know, I would assume it was.meant offensively

First, I’m shocked someone said something that could be offensive toward @ao_fan and she wasn’t offended. What in the world is going on here? J/K But a lot of Native Americans weren’t offended by the Washington Redskins or the Cleveland Indians but here we are.

Next, have you never heard of Jimmy Durante? I’m not good with matching names with ancestry but I’m pretty sure Durante isn’t Jewish.

i don’t think campbell has ever offended me.

Looks like he’s Italian.

1 Like

7 Likes

Oh, I thought he was Mormon. (Just an inside LDS RN to Saturday’s Warrior)