Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

If it was anything like my moderna shot, I didnt feel it go in. It felt like he tapped me. I was confused. Based on the side effects a few hours later it definitely went in, but i was confused at the time.

I think I’m glad I picked right arm in the end. It hurt a ton the first day and was hard to use, but now it is down to slightly achey which would be impossibly to sleep on, but is functional otherwise.

2 Likes

Woke up Sunday morning with a sore arm but that’s the only malady that I attribute to the booster.

(I have some jaw pain, too, but I had that yesterday before the shot…it’s most likely related to my anti-snoring device…I just upped the “dosage” on that.)

I lost 3 pounds from barely eating since friday. Weird, assuming my scale is right.

? It’s not even Thanksgiving yet. You already have your Christmas tree up?

2 Likes

oh, one side effect i had that i didn’t realize was a side effect, but my sister has exactly the same one, is extremely thirsty after the vaccine that cannot be satisfied. i thought that was just a me thing. apparently it’s a vaccine thing.

Oh yeah. I went through about 128 oz of Gatorade and double that in water in the 48 hours after my second shot.

1 Like

I think I remember the instructions said to pre-hydrate before you get the shot.

oooh, i had no idea. i didn’t pre-hydrate and then i drank coffee after. not the best plan there. too late now! i guess i survived.

I heard a few days before to drink at least 16 oz. of water an hour before the jab, so I did and did not have any thirst issues.

Thinking about getting my booster the Sat after Thanksgiving. Still kinda annoyed that a booster is needed in less than a year. But after that date the best possible time would be January 14-15.

I’m registered to get a Moderna booster on Thursday. Wanted to be fully boosted before Thanksgiving.

I’m slightly nervous that nothing on MyChart indicates that it’s the Moderna booster I’ll be getting. It just says Covid-19 booster.

And maybe I should cross-post to Annoyed Thoughts, but I can’t add my insurance information. Once I input the Member ID the software “helped” me by inputting a Group ID that is two digits off from the actual Group ID with no option to change it.

It asks me if everything is correct and I say “no”, but I’m still not permitted to input a different Group ID. :grimacing:

just say you have no insurance. it’s not required.

mine did indicate it was going to be moderna. i’d confirm when i get there to make sure. i confirmed when i got there anyway to make super sure i was getting moderna and not J&J.

Yeah with CVS I said I was registering for the Moderna booster and then it asked me which vaccine I already had and when I said Pfizer it switched my registration to be for the Pfizer booster. :grimacing:

There didn’t seem to be a way to change it, so I cancelled that appointment and booked elsewhere. This one let me pick Moderna but then didn’t confirm which one I’m getting. Hopefully it works out. I’ll know in less than 72 hours, I guess!

pretty certain the wallgreens I was getting the booster from only had moderna, so it wasn’t really going to be a risk that they give me the one i didn’t want.

1 Like

I also scheduled my booster with CVS.

fwiw, where I’m from, some CVS are team-Moderna and others are team-Pfizer. A particular store will only have one choice. I wanted to be Moderna³, so I had to drive a bit farther to bypass the Pfizer guys.

It might be a similar situation where you’re from.

I wish I had thought of that.

I mean, it’s no big deal, but it’s just one more small headache in the course of getting the vaccine.

That’s true where i live, too. Once you pick a location, your vaccine is fixed.

For us, too.

yeah, seems to be us too for the pharmacies. the mass vax sites gave more than one, but i don’t think we have those anymore.