Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

So many of my dipshit HS classmates were cheering that evil moron.

And yes, I am calling someone who went out of his way to spread anti vaccination lies, thus causing harm to those that listened to him and reveled in the celebratory it made him, an evil person. Not sure what else you would call that.

why do you keep in touch with these people who you obviously don’t like to know that they are cheering on someone you think is an evil moron?

Agreed, I know a number of unvaccinated people and every one is a far-right still Trump-flag-flying conservative.

I’m sure some leftist acquaintances are too, but haven’t asked.

moderna finally approved by the FDA. yay moderna posse of which I’m a partial member!

Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, Spikevax, fully approved by FDA - New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

6 Likes

I got my final antibody test.

Ever since the family Christmas party I was a bit worried that I caught something besides a bad cold. Turns out, that’s all it was.

I’m still a zero for the N Protein. The S Protein count has shot up to 2500+.
I may not be a college athletics booster, but I’m certainly one when it comes to the S Protein.

1 Like

Interesting.

So, they’re not going to test anymore? I wasn’t sure about your post update in the other thread whether this was simply the most recent time you were tested, or this was going to be the final time you were tested.

The study I’m a part of tests you three times. That’s all I know.

If they ask me to re-enlist, I will.

1 Like

In other news…
Army to immediately start discharging vaccine refusers - StarTribune.com

text

Army to immediately start discharging vaccine refusers

By LOLITA C. BALDOR Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Army said Wednesday it will immediately begin discharging soldiers who have refused to get the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine, putting more than 3,300 service members at risk of being thrown out soon.

The Army’s announcement makes it the final military service to lay out its discharge policy for vaccine refusers. The Marine Corps, Air Force and Navy have already discharged active-duty troops or entry-level personnel at boot camps for refusing the shots. So far, the Army has not discharged any.

According to data released by the Army last week, more than 3,300 soldiers have refused to get the vaccine. The Army has said that more than 3,000 soldiers have been issued official written reprimands, which suggests they are already identified in the disciplinary process, and some of them could be among the first to be discharged.

The Pentagon has ordered all service members — active-duty, National Guard and Reserves — to get the vaccine, saying it is critical to maintaining the health and readiness of the force. COVID-19 cases continue to surge around the country as a result of the omicron variant.

Roughly 97% of all Army soldiers have gotten at least one shot. More than 3,000 have requested medical or religious exemptions.

Army Secretary Christine Wormuth issued the directive Wednesday ordering commanders to begin involuntary separation proceedings against those who have refused the shots and do not have a pending or approved exemption.

“Army readiness depends on soldiers who are prepared to train, deploy, fight and win our nation’s wars,” she said. “Unvaccinated soldiers present risk to the force and jeopardize readiness. We will begin involuntary separation proceedings for Soldiers who refuse the vaccine order and are not pending a final decision on an exemption.”

The order includes active-duty soldiers, reserves serving on active duty, and cadets at the Military Academy at West Point, its prepatory school and ROTC.

The detailed order said soldiers will be discharged for misconduct, and noted that those who are eligible to retire may do so before July 1.

Overall, nearly 600 Marines, airmen and sailors have been thrown out of the military or dismissed from entry-level training at boot camps as of last week.

The military services have been going through a methodical process to deal with those who refuse the vaccine as well as those who request medical, administrative or religious exemptions. The reviews require counseling with medical personnel and chaplains as well as senior commanders.

Oof. They already give you (checks Google) 17 vaccines when you join, is this the needle that broke the camel’s back?

5 Likes

Discharged for misconduct means no unemployment and serious disadvantage if future employers ask about the type of discharge. No veterans benefits.

1 Like

Yeah, I imagine that’s about par for being discharged for refusing to do other stuff the army tells you to do.

1 Like

I heard they have to get something called the peanut butter shot which is more painful than the covid one.

I like 5 best, with 12 very close.

1 Like

My bank now sports a prominent sign that dark glasses aren’t allowed in the lobby.

1 Like

2 Likes

Pre-pandemic, I wasn’t anti-vaccine for myself. I was just indifferent. So I didn’t seek out the flu vaccine and if a provider asked me if I had a tetanus shot in the past 10 years, I just shrugged my shoulders. But the COVID vaccine normalized getting vaccinated as an adult for me. So at my well visit this past week, I didn’t give a second thought when the nurse asked if she could poke my arms. So I left with a bandage on my left arm and 2 on my right.

1 Like

Often in such cases (where I was being treated for some sort of minor wound) I said I didn’t know, but in those cases the provider usually thought a booster would be a good idea just in case, and not a serious problem if I had had one, so I got the shot then.

Even since a bicycle accident in early adulthood, when i got a lot of road rash, I’ve been aware that i needed to keep my tetanus shots up to date, and have done that.

If there’s any movie inaccuracy that really grinds my gears, it’s that nobody seems to get road rash after taking a tumble.