The covid cooties club

:astonished:

Pre-gathering test. I don’t really feel sick tho.

4 Likes

Are you able to have a thanksgiving meal still? We scrambled and pulled together the essentials, although we are having steak instead of turkey tonight.

Weird

We have much of the stuff but decided not to bother today.

1 Like

I will be cutting into the pie tho.

3 Likes

Okay running a fever now.

3 Likes

Hope your symptoms remain mild.

2 Likes

Hope you are feeling better by now.

Other than feeling tired on the day I ran a fever, my other symptoms didn’t get to the level of what I’d call a cold.

4 Likes

that’s not bad at all. did your family members remain covid-free?

So far.

3 Likes

guys, this sucks, and it’s only the first day. i don’t have a fever yet, but based on the person’s house i’m staying in, that’s coming tomorrow, along with stabby pain in my throat.

right now i don’t have stabby pain in my throat yet, but only a slight sore throat, slight nose running, slight head pressure, fatigue, overall not feeling well.

if this gets worse, i might deem the bivalent booster pointless.

1 Like

The current variants are very good at “immune evasion”. The booster should help make it milder, but isn’t very likely to protect you totally.

i meant i won’t trust it to make me milder if i have the same symptoms as the person i caught it from. we’ll see as i’m on day 1 and they are on day 4. i’m counting friday as their day 1 because they had symptoms but didn’t test until saturday. i tested negative yesterday. had slight symptoms at night where i wasn’t sure, but counting today as day 1 when the symptoms were definite to me.

my symptoms seemed a lot more definite as soon as i had them than theirs. they started off with body aches and fatigue. i started off with cold symptoms and fatigue and headachey feeling. i don’t have body aches yet.

or maybe theirs were definite but they didn’t have covid in mind. idk.

actually, by symptoms last night, it was after midnight, so really today.

When I had my first case of COVID, back before vaccines were available, I was incapacitated for three weeks.

Most of the incidences of post-vaccination COVID that I’ve heard of have been much milder, presumably due to a combination of benefits from the vaccine and mutation of the virus.

Welcome to the dark side! We have better cookies!

1 Like

one of my friends had a terrible case in 2020, mild case in 2021 post vaccine, and then a terrible case in 2022 which he seemed to catch the same day he got the bivalent booster. he has heart palpitations as a lingering side effect.

i hope i’m not in the three week camp. this sucks already, but if it doesn’t get worse (big if) i can deal with it.