The covid virgins club

So far it feels like a bad cold. When does the shortness of breath and death kick in? Im ready

sniffle!!!

SoCal?

imma still hang out here. i feel that this is my turf regardless of the unfortunate turn of events.

seems to be getting worse by the hour. this sucks.

:therethere:

Shouldn’t this stuff go here

?

Also, i hope you get better soon. I know a lot of people who never got anything worse than a mild cold. I hope that’s what you have.

Seems almost certain I caught COVID on a travel day. I think the airplane is most likely. I took off my mask for eating and drinking. Could have also caught it at the airport or getting to/from.

Interesting. I travel a lot and entirely avoided it traveling. i might have just been lucky there.

yes i know. i suppose i can whine there instead of here.

Remember also that while masks reduce the risk of sharing cooties, they aren’t foolproof.

Aw man, sorry ao_fan, that stinks. Hope your case is mild.

1 Like

Airplanes have great filtration systems. Point the little air thing right at your face and drink away.

thanks. so far i feel like shit, but i think the definition of “mild” for covid is within how i’m feeling, at least so far. i know it can get worse in the following days though and usually does.

In my case, shortness of breath was the very first symptom I noticed. I have a two-story house and I was winded going up one flight of stairs. Not like “I need a ventilator” winded, more like “been running hard for several miles” winded when it was actually only a single flight of stairs. I’m a little out of shape but not that out of shape.

And really it’s two stories plus a basement so it’s not unusual for me to go up two flights from the basement to the second story, which doesn’t cause me to be winded. But one flight did that time which made me worry I might have it, and of course I did.

that’s horrifying. i don’t have that oximeter or whatever it’s called to see if i’m getting enough oxygen. left that at my parents house i think. so far, i’m not having breathing problems though. just feel like shit.

I wonder if the shortness of breath isn’t as bad with later strains of Covid. I had it in early January (2022), so it’s been almost a full year now.

Definitely. I can guesstimate the day or so I got infected, but it could have been masked in the airport vs eating on the plane

Just ordered another oximeter off amazon as i dont have mine on me. I think i left it at my parents house. It arrives Wednesday which might be too late for the impending death tomorrow. Thus far i dont have shortness of breath though

I never once tested my breathing, so no clue what my numbers were. It was annoying but at no time did I ever feel like I needed to go to the hospital.

Mainly I just had trouble talking. Because you need more air to talk than to just sit there. I just couldn’t get the additional air I needed to say more than 3 or 4 words at a time. If I just shut up it was basically fine.

So like my mom was calling me all the time to check up on me and I told her we had to text rather than talk because I just couldn’t carry on a normal conversation with her.

1 Like

Ugh thats horrible. My mother has been texting rather than calling. I think i can speak but im not speaking a lot.

We have a texting chain going with me, my sister, mother, friend here, and fathers nurse (my childhood friend). Its mostly for wordle but we branch out. Nurse friends son also coincidentally tested positive for covid the same day my friend did (12/24). Thus far nurse friend is negative but its still too early to say she dodged that bullet. My friend had symptoms on 12/23 so im counting from there. She has at least one day left to maybe have avoided it. But my friend was exposed 6-7 days before having symptoms so who knows. My friend might have been exposed more than once. 6.5 days seems like a lot as most seem to show symptoms faster

1 Like