RIP thread

I thought the gales of November would get him.

Sundown on Gordo.
That’s all I got.

4 Likes

RIP Jim Brown

1 Like

Great football player but, like another great, Bobby Hull, his behaviour towards woman was totally unacceptable.

1 Like

The list is a lot larger than those two. Actually, wasn’t aware of Hull

1 Like

My family knew the Hull family so it is a bit hard for me to acknowledge Bobby’s sins. He grew up in a pretty rough environment but that is no excuse for his behaviour towards women. Hull immediately came to mind as he died recently and he and Brown were probably the physically strongest players in their respective sports at the time and played in the same era.

1 Like

Tina Turner - 83

Saw her in concert around 40 years ago. Jones Beach Theater - Great Venue, great show

3 Likes

She was 45 when that movie came out… not bad.

1 Like

George Maharis, 94

I used to “get my kicks on Route 66” in my teenage years. RIP George.

1 Like

There was a Route 66 tv series?

Yep . . . right before the interstate system “fully matured.”

17 posts were split to a new topic: Getting Your Kicks . . . On Route 66

The show was hugely popular but was not what I would call great tv. The theme song is still stuck in my head almost 60 years later.

I think the only commemoration I ever saw of Route 66 was in Flagstaff, Arizona. My wife and I were Amtraking between LA and Santa Fe and got off the train in Flagstaff to rent a car (not a Corvette convertible, sadly) to visit the Grand Canyon. We drove a bit of Route 66 while there.

I always assumed they made up that name in the awful extension of Arrested Development. I guess it makes sense that they would give George Michael another famous (to people who aren’t me) name.

2 Likes

RIP Jim Hines.

I remember the 1968 Olympics for his feat and for the political protests.

RIP The Iron Sheik

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1666462933604265990/photo/1

3 Likes

One of the great heels from the days when I watched wrestling. I always liked his feud with Sargent Slaughter.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to a live performance:

1 Like

Mrs F has been prone to infections and a couple of times been treated for lymphedema. my converting that diagnosis to song as part of the spousal support and understanding was not always appreciated

1 Like