RIP thread

Eddie Van Halen

1. I didn’t realize he was so old
  2. RIP. Fuck cancer.
3 Likes

RIP :cry:

RIP to one of the all time greatest guitarists. Interesting that he played the drums as a kid, but when his brother Alex kept playing his drum set they agreed to switch instruments. Alex didn’t get the fame that brother Eddie got, though he did have a nice career as a gynecologist.

Is this supposed to be the RIP thread for all all deaths? If so, RIP Johnny Nash.

EVH’s greatest solos:

Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr., grandson of president John Tyler, died at 95.

1 Like

Whitey Ford at age 91.

Another baseball legend, Joe Morgan, 77. Rough couple weeks for the MLB.

I just found out Terry Goodkind died :disappointed_relieved:

RIP to the AO? The back door is no longer working, so they may have finally killed it

1 Like

The Amazing Randi, Magician and debunker of paranormal claims, died at age 92. He had a good run. RIP.

1 Like

Just this morning I archived the AO recipe book…thinking that I had a few posts in there that I might want to keep around. Thank goodness, I guess.

1 Like

Well, thanks Glenn & Traci (& whomever else) for getting this place set up. It’ll take an old guy like me a while to find my way , so if you see me mindlessly wandering around just nudge me in the right direction.

1 Like

I appreciated The Amazing Randi – I love his brand of magic, and more than that, I appreciated running across his book Flim-Flam when I was in middle school and on an occult kick.

1 Like

Just today I pulled details of a couple recipes I posted on the AO. I might have been able to replicate them easily, but the notes I left will be helpful. When the plug got pulled I still had the pages up that I could copy/paste from. Lucky.

I even made one of them today: peruvian wings with jalapeno cilantro sauce.

I archived the entire AO recipe book. I didn’t know how else to do it, so it went like this:

AO recipe book
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10

Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15

Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20

Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25

Before or after we wipe the drool from your lips?