Random Thoughts

I got served this ad for a charcuterie board. WTF. Warning: somewhat NSFW

Aperitif Board - Nberd?

Lol but no, that wouldnā€™t fly among my friends and family but my kids might love it.

Who wouldnā€™t want to reach out and grab your meat and 2 veg??? I ask you - who???

1 Like

Iā€™d go for some hard salami myself.

2 Likes

I give that a hard no

Iā€™m setting up facebook ads, which includes a business facebook page. They recommend I invite friends to like my page. OK. So I click on the ā€œinvite friendsā€ and this is the message I get:

No Friends To Invite

Exactly.

1 Like

No, I think itā€™s that 75% of those who have had COVID have kids.

I have to coerce, blackmail, and extort as many people as I can to follow my Facebook page. So, consider yourself coerced, and follow my Facebook page (interesting and exciting insurance page).

Consider it your dose of advertising for the day, not that Iā€™m trying to sell you folks anything. I just need to make my FB page look like not-spam and the metric for that is number of followers.

3 Likes

Done :white_check_mark:

Thanks!

Followed ya, Lobster guy!

Exciting, huh? But seriously, thank yā€™all.
I think Iā€™ll hit the big-leagues with followers once my wife, sister and mother get posting on FB given how much time they spend on the platform. My personal account is a month old, has 0 friends, no posts and no profile picture so Iā€™m not much use.

Ha Ha Simpsons GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 Likes

Lol, thanks for that. I could use a chuckle today.

In my defence, I have almost zero social media. pretty much 100% of anything personally identifiable about me online is on this site, or a small 150 person local discord server I belong to. And I certainly donā€™t have any facebook footprint. I had an account years ago, never posted my stuff but followed a few people, and it very quickly became a toxic cesspool so I deleted my account.

Joined!! Now I am a cool kid toooooo!!!

Cognitive Dissonance! That was the term I was trying to remember. Although reading some examples the term doesnā€™t seem to mean what I thought it did. So Iā€™m still not sure thatā€™s the right term. Whatā€™s it called when you blame something on a particular behavior, without any hint of irony or self awareness, that you yourself regularly engage in?

1 Like

Iā€™m back in the same loaner car I had for 2.5 months. Hardly any miles put on it from when I returned the car 2.5 weeks ago until now. Curious if I will get up to the point where 50% of the miles on this loaner are mine. It was pretty close when I returned it before.

It sort of feels like my second car at this point. I felt genuine sadness to see a new scratch on it and itā€™s not even my car.

1 Like

Naive delusion?
Willful misdirection?
Pulling a Kenny?

gotta be one of those.

Projecting?

Thatā€™s more if itā€™s untrue of the person youā€™re saying it about, or at least less true about the person youā€™re saying it about than yourself.

Between the time you last used it and now? ā€¦mustā€™ve been one of those :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: kids and their bicycles.

1 Like