Random Thoughts

Happy International Men’s Day.

4 Likes

Waiting for @Breadmaker to post in the insignificant signals thread.
:popcorn:

Following

I was going to try a McRib but they’re already gone.

1 Like

There is a French TV show I have been enjoying. My French isn’t tremendous, but with the French subtitles I can understand 80% of what is said. And can I just say, the subtitles aren’t great - they omit a lot of words - I wish they would convey exactly what is said, but there are a lot of discrepancies.

Subtitles: he arrived from a monastery from Burkina Faso.
What was actually said: he arrived from the Sainte Marie de ?? monastery in Burkino Faso two months ago.

It’s a strange relationship. I need the subtitles in order to recognize that the subtitles are disappointing.

After getting my clothes back from the dry cleaners they were so stiff that I couldn’t even wear them, and, moreover, I was furious that he still charged me full price. I guess you could say that I was starch-raving mad.

1 Like

Careful, or I’ll have to put you on the list previously reserved only for ViceFeeble.

1 Like

This is the first year since 2010 that I haven’t made a Turkey for thanksgiving. It takes a while to make, and I usually have to get started right around now, so I’m enjoying the free time.

2 Likes

I hope you are able to call them and iron this out. Smooth things over. But don’t just rage tweet them or post on FB, no need to air your dirty laundry in public.

2 Likes

NerdAlert out.

2 Likes

That reminds me…this weekend I’m either going to hang my laundry out to dry or go bowling…I just can’t get enough pin action.

2 Likes

oh good, somebody else can make a list

1 Like

Last year my mother came for Thanksgiving and she made the turkey. Two thumbs up, five out of five stars, definitely recommend.

If I do a turkey I usually take the easy way out and put it in a bag. Although the last time I did the turkey I bought a pre-cooked turkey and that came out great. A bit more expensive than regular turkey, but still not outrageous.

1 Like

We gave up on turkeys and do ham instead. Everybody likes ham more (well, almost everybody), and less mess.

We’re traveling for Thanksgiving. Visiting Redwoods National Park, staying at this awesome motel that has been re-vamped into 3-room suites. They have a nice fire pit and we are planning to roast hot dogs and do s’mores, and I think someone brought pumpkin pie.

Middle weaselette was disappointed so we promised her we would do a turkey when we get home.

2 Likes

I worry that people will think I’m intolerant or interested or otherwise peculiar of their race, gender, age, sexuality, etc. when in fact I’m generally uncertain and suspicious of humans.

2 Likes

I’m quarantining in the room with the candy stash. This might not be good.

3 Likes

As an actuary, I put the “gible” in “fungible”.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m not familiar with pokemon characters, so I guess I retract that last statement.

I got yelled at by a bouncer in a bar for attempting to use the men’s room. there was NOBODY in it and it was a one person restroom and there was someone in the women’s room. fucking staten island.

1 Like