Random Thoughts

i have a cold brew carafe with a filter. 6 glasses or so. i brew for two days. not a concentrate

The mr coffee is for the brewing day

I have two such carafes, but I dislike the reusable filters which is why I use the bags. I bought a second so I can start brewing the next batch before the prior batch is finished.

That said, I donā€™t always accomplish this. I have Starbucks Via and I tried the Cold Brew coffee concentrate as well as backupsā€¦ or Dunkinā€™. Iā€™m not sure about the Cold Crew concentrateā€¦ only used it once but I will try it again in the morning as I am again behind in brewing.

Unfortunately, social norms dictate that I wear pants.

And a shirt at NAā€™s house.

2 Likes

i feel that. which is why i occasionally visit social events which dictate that I do not wear pants.

2 Likes

Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we donā€™t get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - weā€™ll just be bogus too!

1 Like

I know Iā€™m lazy, but sometimes it surprises me how productive other peopleā€™s ā€œdowntimeā€ sounds. Clean out the garage or reorganize random shit? F that, Iā€™m going to doom scroll Reddit, watch TV, or play games on my phone for 3 hours.

4 Likes

Is it really only Monday? Fuck, I probably shouldnā€™t be pouring this (next) drink. But I am.

Whereā€™s that drunk thoughts thread? I might be ready for that one.

My favorite way to spend 3.5 hours is take a nap. On weekends, I frequently get absolutely nothing done. I might not even get dressed.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got your back.

1 Like

Ah yes, I have nowhere near your struggles. I make plenty of poor choices but I rarely feel that pull that basically prevents you from making the choice you know you should. For me it is (in my head at least) a fully conscious decision to make a choice to choose short term utility over long term utility. One of the reasons I dislike certain economic theories.

1 Like

You are an enabler. Please donā€™t choose that in your personal life, especially given your history. But thanks!

Iā€™m working on this. Right now Iā€™m really busy so my downtime is also scrolling Reddit, or re-watching Letterkenny.

My ideal state is more like: work a reasonable schedule, donā€™t have 38 home projects lined up. When Iā€™ve been able to get there I actually do find joy in ā€˜tinkering,ā€™ more or less. Which includes cleaning out the garage for a bit, or building something without a hard deadline. I donā€™t mind being productive when there isnā€™t all the stress.

Wait, elaborate,

Iā€™m pretty much always on. Social media for me is just quick breaks while Iā€™m working, not something Iā€™m inclined to spend a half a day on. Downtime is either ā€˜getting stuff doneā€™ or actively doing a hobby type activity. I donā€™t lounge around.
Except once a year when weā€™re on vacation. Then I actively do nothing but read and nap when I choose. And when Iā€™m doing that, I donā€™t do anything else. Iā€™m reading, Iā€™m vegetating, do not disturb.

LOL. I understand the first sentence. I have no idea what I meant by the 2nd sentence. Iā€™m sure I thought it was profound though. :joy:

1 Like

Someone was having a good night. Maybe not so good of a morning?

1 Like

Meh. The morning was a bit slow but not too bad.

I have decided to have no more than one home project going at a time. And by ā€œhome projectā€ I mean the deep cleaning/organizing type. No major renovations for me, although I like reading about them on the GOA.

I have this dream where I come home and everything is just done. So gradually, as I feel like taking the time, Iā€™m doing the things.

Then there are nights like last night where I cook dinner and then zone out with some screen time.

2 Likes