Random Thoughts

Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don’t get some cool rules ourselves - pronto - we’ll just be bogus too!

1 Like

I know I’m lazy, but sometimes it surprises me how productive other people’s “downtime” sounds. Clean out the garage or reorganize random shit? F that, I’m going to doom scroll Reddit, watch TV, or play games on my phone for 3 hours.

4 Likes

Is it really only Monday? Fuck, I probably shouldn’t be pouring this (next) drink. But I am.

Where’s that drunk thoughts thread? I might be ready for that one.

My favorite way to spend 3.5 hours is take a nap. On weekends, I frequently get absolutely nothing done. I might not even get dressed.

1 Like

I’ve got your back.

1 Like

Ah yes, I have nowhere near your struggles. I make plenty of poor choices but I rarely feel that pull that basically prevents you from making the choice you know you should. For me it is (in my head at least) a fully conscious decision to make a choice to choose short term utility over long term utility. One of the reasons I dislike certain economic theories.

1 Like

You are an enabler. Please don’t choose that in your personal life, especially given your history. But thanks!

I’m working on this. Right now I’m really busy so my downtime is also scrolling Reddit, or re-watching Letterkenny.

My ideal state is more like: work a reasonable schedule, don’t have 38 home projects lined up. When I’ve been able to get there I actually do find joy in ‘tinkering,’ more or less. Which includes cleaning out the garage for a bit, or building something without a hard deadline. I don’t mind being productive when there isn’t all the stress.

Wait, elaborate,

I’m pretty much always on. Social media for me is just quick breaks while I’m working, not something I’m inclined to spend a half a day on. Downtime is either ‘getting stuff done’ or actively doing a hobby type activity. I don’t lounge around.
Except once a year when we’re on vacation. Then I actively do nothing but read and nap when I choose. And when I’m doing that, I don’t do anything else. I’m reading, I’m vegetating, do not disturb.

LOL. I understand the first sentence. I have no idea what I meant by the 2nd sentence. I’m sure I thought it was profound though. :joy:

1 Like

Someone was having a good night. Maybe not so good of a morning?

1 Like

Meh. The morning was a bit slow but not too bad.

I have decided to have no more than one home project going at a time. And by “home project” I mean the deep cleaning/organizing type. No major renovations for me, although I like reading about them on the GOA.

I have this dream where I come home and everything is just done. So gradually, as I feel like taking the time, I’m doing the things.

Then there are nights like last night where I cook dinner and then zone out with some screen time.

2 Likes

I got served this ad for a charcuterie board. WTF. Warning: somewhat NSFW

Aperitif Board - Nberd?

Lol but no, that wouldn’t fly among my friends and family but my kids might love it.

Who wouldn’t want to reach out and grab your meat and 2 veg??? I ask you - who???

1 Like

I’d go for some hard salami myself.

2 Likes

I give that a hard no