Random Thoughts

He’s really left his marks…I mean marx.

I have an Uncle named Mark. He’s really cool. He served in Vietnam.

I think there’s a RNN above.

After not having mine for 2.5 months, I’m still getting used to it being there!

2 Likes

Did the iron or ferrous or whatever contamination get resolved?

1 Like

Dealer says it’s sap, which honestly makes more sense as it was covered in maple leaves when I went back to get something I left in it. The dealer’s detailer is going to do… things… on Friday. We’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

Wife told me that Dr. Phil mentioned actuaries today…in regards to health insurance.

1 Like

Kevin: This is so great, huh? We should do this much more often.
Toby: I think we hang out an appropriate amount of time.

RN

1 Like

I’m sure DTNF would be a fan

Thinking about my mom.

One of the great things about being an adult is saying “F it” and making bad choices anyway.

Today tried out the ‘cold brew’ setting on my ninja coffee maker, which made me wonder how the fuck it makes ‘cold brew’.

My guess is that it just blows some air through it or something??? Maybe something mysterious involving pressure?

I’ve never read any of those HOW THINGS WORK books, but maybe I’m finally that kind of nerd.

1 Like

my Mr Coffee is just strong coffee over ice

2 Likes

Yeah, I like iced coffee but it seems that most iced coffee makers (all that I’ve seen) are indeed just strong hot coffee over ice. Maybe they do blow some room temperature air through the hot coffee to cool it down a little before you put it over ice.

You’ll use less coffee if you cold brew it, but that takes a lot longer. And the longer you cold brew it, the less coffee you need. It’s also a little acidic that way, which makes my tummy happier.

Cold brew is easy to make, but takes a while, so if your coffee maker has a setting and it doesn’t require letting it sit overnight, it’s not really what I would consider cold brew.

I just fill up mason jars with water and coarsely ground coffee and let it sit in my fridge overnight, then filter.

1 Like

I like these bags.

I probably do about 1 c coffee in 8 c water for 48-72 hours, squeeze the bag like a tea bag and add water until it’s the right color.

I give the pitcher a gentle shake whenever I open the fridge as the agitation makes it a little stronger.

Cold brew coffee never sounded appealing so I hadn’t considered how it’s made.

It’s the best. Even in winter.

It’s a setting different from iced coffee on my maker, and takes longer. About 15 minutes for a carafe? It’s definitely not doing true cold brew, but it did do something. I suspect it’s brewing normally, and then cooling to lukewarm, somehow, and that means less watery coffee I guess.

1 Like