Random Thoughts

Whoever said that you shouldn’t make brownies in a glass pan must not have a counter surfing dog because glass pans are the best to foil that, since it comes with a lid.

I’m the captain of my own ship rn.

The dog is supervising the inside of her eyelids.

Despite my car being set to English, it displayed everything in German briefly tonight.

1 Like

IFYP

Is that your fun way of referring to one of those rare events when, once or twice a year, English & German briefly coincide?

We don’t talk enough about personal disappointments. I don’t think most people even know how to talk about them. Not getting in, not having it work out, not going as hoped.

2 Likes

Wanna go outside???

Are you hungry???

Wanna go for a walk???

The only one I ever get push back on is outside. She says no by turning around and walking a few steps away from me before turning right back around and bugging me again. Then I know it’s play or walk time.

Nope. It was displaying things in German. I went to the ‘settings’ menu, to ‘language,’ and it was set to English. Uhhhhh, ok. I clicked the ‘back’ button and it snapped back to normal.

Questions like:
Are you a good girl?
Do you have black fur?
Is your nose wet?
Do you like belly rubs?
Who knows how to sit?

Food, play, and outside need no invitation.

1 Like

Lids. They’re good for some things, bad for others.:dog:

1 Like

I like them in the summertime. In a cast iron skillet, halved, on the grille with very high heat. Bacon fat is good. If I have none, then olive oil (not EVOO, as it smokes at too low of a temp). I like to brown them. Outdoor cooking keeps the cabbagey smell outside.

1 Like

I altered your quote. Ghirardelli are my strong preference as I have bought many brands and that one stands out above all others, IMHO.

I would never bother making “from scratch” brownies when the box made Ghirardellis are basically perfect.

1 Like

If you have any more in your freezer, I would open the whole package and dump it into a pan and roast in the oven.

And next time buy the plain ones and add olive oil & salt, toss, roast. When they start to brown, turn them and roast some more.

I guarantee you’ll get better tasting Brussels sprouts. Fresh is better than frozen, but frozen isn’t terrible. And it’s hard to overcook them. When in doubt, cook a little longer.

1 Like

While I was loading up the dishwasher after dinner, Hubby poured himself a whiskey and me some amaretto. Without looking too closely (or noticing that he’d put my amaretto at my place at the table) I grabbed the glass he set down on the counter kind of near me and took a sip.

Whoa!! That was stronger than I was expecting!

Hubby gave me a funny look… if I wanted whiskey, why didn’t I just ask him for it?

Oh… that’s why it was so strong! It’s not my amaretto, it’s his whiskey. :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::tumbler_glass:

Did that as a 4 yr old. Thought the whiskey was apple juice. It was not. I spit it right out.

That was in the kitchen of the house we moved from when I was just over 4 yrs old. So one of my oldest memories.

1 Like

I’ve got about 3oz of Ardbeg Oa left. What do?

I think you know the right answer.

In the interest of tidying up the house, let’s do this.

2 Likes

My kid did that with vodka, probably also at about 4-5 years old. I poured a shot, left the room, he sipped and started gagging. We still laugh about it to this day.

He has the personality of a gray, wet sock.