Random Thoughts

I like them in the summertime. In a cast iron skillet, halved, on the grille with very high heat. Bacon fat is good. If I have none, then olive oil (not EVOO, as it smokes at too low of a temp). I like to brown them. Outdoor cooking keeps the cabbagey smell outside.

1 Like

I altered your quote. Ghirardelli are my strong preference as I have bought many brands and that one stands out above all others, IMHO.

I would never bother making ā€œfrom scratchā€ brownies when the box made Ghirardellis are basically perfect.

1 Like

If you have any more in your freezer, I would open the whole package and dump it into a pan and roast in the oven.

And next time buy the plain ones and add olive oil & salt, toss, roast. When they start to brown, turn them and roast some more.

I guarantee youā€™ll get better tasting Brussels sprouts. Fresh is better than frozen, but frozen isnā€™t terrible. And itā€™s hard to overcook them. When in doubt, cook a little longer.

1 Like

While I was loading up the dishwasher after dinner, Hubby poured himself a whiskey and me some amaretto. Without looking too closely (or noticing that heā€™d put my amaretto at my place at the table) I grabbed the glass he set down on the counter kind of near me and took a sip.

Whoa!! That was stronger than I was expecting!

Hubby gave me a funny lookā€¦ if I wanted whiskey, why didnā€™t I just ask him for it?

Ohā€¦ thatā€™s why it was so strong! Itā€™s not my amaretto, itā€™s his whiskey. :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::tumbler_glass:

Did that as a 4 yr old. Thought the whiskey was apple juice. It was not. I spit it right out.

That was in the kitchen of the house we moved from when I was just over 4 yrs old. So one of my oldest memories.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got about 3oz of Ardbeg Oa left. What do?

I think you know the right answer.

In the interest of tidying up the house, letā€™s do this.

2 Likes

My kid did that with vodka, probably also at about 4-5 years old. I poured a shot, left the room, he sipped and started gagging. We still laugh about it to this day.

He has the personality of a gray, wet sock.

Cross post from disappointments thread.
I was thinking I probably couldnā€™t manage 39ā€™ even on the moon. Then I got to thinking, it probably isnā€™t as easy in converting energy in jump to moon gravity/height, because youā€™d likely be in contact with lunar surface for a shorter time period than earth surface, so you might not be able to get same amount energy in your jump. Curse my lack of fast twitch muscle fibers!

1 Like

Seems like thereā€™s more humble bragging than personal disappointments.

Coleslaw is surprisingly delicious on a number of other food items, such as pizza.

cole slaw is just the american version of sauerkraut, which in turn is just the german version of kim chee

No.

1 Like

sauerkraut and coleslaw are just the Westified versions of kimchi

1 Like

No.

Fresh cabbage is not an American/Western version of fermented cabbage.

Or more generallyā€¦ fresh X <> fermented X for all values of X.

Are bread and beer different versions of the same thing? Fresh grapes and wine?

Nope. Not true of cabbage either.

Now the distinction between kimchi and sauerkraut Iā€™ll give you.

1 Like

Sauerkraut and coleslaw are both tasty but not even close to similar beyond that. Not much of an opinion on kimchi.

1 Like

ifyp

:exams:

1 Like