Random questions

I know, but I still can’t get past the image of grey meat coming out of the stock pot to get behind trying this.

Sous vide sounds great, but i can’t get past throwing away a new ziplock bag every time i cook. That just feels wasteful.

For us sous vide is not an everyday cooking method.

What do you usually do with your zip-locs? Can you wash them out?

Or, you can vacu-seal them. Still wasteful, but I think the vacu-seals are cheaper? (But you still have to but the machine…)

If grapes are bad for dags, are raisins equally detrimental?

1 Like

Yes. And by volume, much more detrimental, of course.

Rai-SINS suck!!! They are a blight on humanity!!! :judge:

When some great, homicidal maniac comes at you with a bunch of rai-SINS, don’t come crying to me!!!

1 Like

Store stuff in the freezer, carry stuff through airport security.

Ziplock bags are hard to clean, but I’ve found if i label them and leave them in the freezer i can reuse them for the same thing.

RN

And, more on topic, to doggity!!!

WOOF!!! WOOF!!! Makes a pupperz saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. @Echo: Does the presence of rai-SINS in this world make you a saaaaaaaaaaaad pupperz??? :dog2:

Are raisins poisonous to squirrels?:dog:

If it poisons the dirty little beggars that shredded one of my window screens, then yes, I hope it gives them a slow, agonizing death!!! :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Is there a worst holiday music thread?

Can threads here be deleted by the OP?

At what age do flashlight holding lessons begin?

As soon as their old enough to hold a flashlight.

After they’ve seen Star Wars for the first time.

2 Likes

In movies when people say stuff like, “this metal isn’t on the periodic table” - what would that even mean? That it’s not made of protons/electrons/neutrons? That it has a fractional number of protons? It’s got more protons than anything we’ve encountered, is very radioactive, and should have decayed within nanoseconds?

1 Like

In the last option, I would consider that “on the periodic table”, just not a part of it we’ve gotten to yet.