Random questions

What happens when you click this link?

https://community.goactuary.com/t/misread-things

2 Likes

This is a long international nightmare. Now I’m freaking out that I’ll be next :yikes: & :tfh:

2 Likes

1 Like

Your pioneer status will go the way of the Oregon trail.

Give this a bump and tag Serena and/or the Lobster, they can lock you in at TL3/Regular

What if someone likes or quote one of my posts in the lounge? Will I get a notification?

Cholera?

https://community.goactuary.com/t/drink-order/218/1798?u=1695814

:popcorn:

Nope. And if I click on the link:

“We won’t even tell you if there’s really a page or if you’re just not cool enough to access it.”

2 Likes

SUNUVA!!!

1 Like

I got the thread. I win!

1 Like

Cholera, dysentery, frozen to death, cannibalism–lots of choices.

1 Like

Can I get myself bumped back up to Regular status? I think I was there all of 10 hours. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

:therethere:

The same thing happened to me the first time I got Regular. There was some sort of setting in the background that was bumping off users too quickly.

Yeah, it was almost like getting “Regular” reset all your stats to zero or something. At one point ao_fan & I were bouncing in & out of Regular status multiple times a week. And we were the two most prolific posters!

Serena tweaked stuff two years ago and it sounds like she tweaked more this week. 10,000 days takes us to 2050… or maybe 2048 if the clock on that started back in 2020.

What makes autocorrect decide whether or not to capitalize COVID?

1 Like

Why do I lose my appetite after surgery? I assumed it was because of the narcotics, but I haven’t been taking any for the last day and while the queasiness is gone, still no appetite. I know your body is working hard to heal, which makes you extra tired, but I would expect the need for extra energy to make you hungrier, too.

I know I could just Google this, but Google doesn’t have wonderful and mildly snarky people on the other end.

Some of this is from the chatbot…some of it is not:

Losing your appetite after surgery is a common side effect and can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes include:

1. Pain and discomfort: After surgery, you may experience pain or discomfort in the surgical area, which can make it difficult to eat.
  2. Nausea: Some medications used during and after surgery can cause nausea, making it difficult to eat.
  3. Changes in taste and smell: Anesthesia can alter your sense of taste and smell, making food less appealing.
  4. Fatigue: Surgery is a physically and emotionally draining experience, and it’s common to feel tired and have no energy for eating.
  5. Stress: Surgery can be a stressful experience, and stress can suppress your appetite.
  6. Reduced gut mobility: After surgery, the muscles in your gut may not work as efficiently, leading to decreased appetite.

If you’re experiencing loss of appetite after surgery, it’s important to post on GoActuary about any concerns you may have. In many cases, a loss of appetite is temporary and will improve over time as you recover from surgery. GoActuary may also be able to recommend strategies for managing your symptoms, such as eating smaller, more frequent meals, taking anti-nausea medications, or snorkeling.

5 Likes