Random questions

you’re doing it rong???

1 Like

Are there laws against blindingly bright headlights? If not, can we get some laws written?

1 Like

Yes.

That said, my recollection from seeing something on TV about it is that the max is pretty stinking bright. So probably a lot of cars are legal but still annoying.

I’m guessing my car’s headlights might be annoying to some. If I’m driving on a dark road occasionally people will flash their brights at me, which I take as them trying to signal that my brights are on… when they’re not. My headlights actually auto-adjust so even if I have the brights on they automatically go down to regular when another car approaches.

So what am I supposed to do… replace the factory headlights with something else? I assume the factory headlights must be legal.

Enforcement is another issue. If you install illegally bright headlights, it’s a PITA for a cop to deal with. How would he/she know they were illegal?

Inspections might catch honest mistakes in the states that require inspections of such things, but a lot of states don’t check that stuff. And if you’re purposely breaking the law and you know how to replace headlights then you could obviously just switch them for the inspection and then switch them back after it’s over.

It would certainly be nice of you…

The issue, if it is going to be dealt with, has to be done through additional regulation. If we could just get them pointed down a bit instead of directly into my eyes the amount of linens would probably be fine.

It’s got to be dangerous for all of the cars coming towards you* to have blind drivers.

*generic “you”, not twig in particular

Agree.

IMO, this is the real problem. I do find some headlights just to be too bright, but the bigger issue is aftermarket lights where the ‘flare’ isn’t controlled.

The absolute worst is when men (always men) just throw a huge strip of LEDs on a truck with nothing to aim the light. It’s very bright, and it’s all over the place.

1 Like

Next up, let’s get some laws regulating speed!

2 Likes

Do I have to shitpost a bunch to get my regular GoA status back?

2 Likes

What’s your “regular GoA status”?

I used to be “regular” but have been downgraded to “member.”

If you make a thread in the lounge and get downgraded from regular to member status, are you locked out of your own thread?

Interesting question . . . but I don’t see a thread started by you in the Lounge . . .

But your “status” shows that you’re expected to “upgrade” soon . . .

I didn’t know if I did but I was wondering.

It’s the whoring up, right? Need to give/get more likes? I thought I was done with this stuff after high school.

What happens when you click this link?

https://community.goactuary.com/t/misread-things

2 Likes

This is a long international nightmare. Now I’m freaking out that I’ll be next :yikes: & :tfh:

2 Likes

1 Like

Your pioneer status will go the way of the Oregon trail.