Random questions

The rules apply even when napping alone! Afternoon delight not required.

but encouraged and/or appreciated?

1 Like

I can’t speak for my husband of course, it may very well be an imposition.

I sleep sans clothes at night but seemed too much for a nap. I ended up unfastening my pants, pulling back the covers, and covering up with the sheet.

1 Like

Note that asking your spouse this might be met with a blank stare and “how much overthinking is your mind capable of?” As if they don’t know.

1 Like

Normally true for me as well, but we take napping very seriously in this household. We used to nap together for date nights…and yes I do mean just napping, I can’t be with someone who thinks a nap should only be 30 minutes long, the stakes are just too high.

1 Like

“It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon and you’re going to nap, and you’re debating whether taking off your clothes is inefficient?”

1 Like

since the tax cut and jobs act, are the vast majority not even close to the standard deduction?

I just crawl under the covers. No need to strip down. :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

usually dont want the pants i was wearing out all day in my bed. so will drop trou.

shirt depends on its comfort and house warmth.

most naps are on couch, fully dressed, maybe a blanket, if planned, not just a fade I ut

I wouldn’t want pants I’d been doing yard work in my bed, but I hadn’t gone anywhere or done anything. I’ll lie on the couch with my eyes closed but that’s not conducive to actual sleep with a small kid around.

Yes. It makes record keeping a lot easier…’cuz I don’t need to keep any.

Correct. TCJA greatly reduced the number of itemizers. I’ve seen stats on it and it cut out more than half of itemizers. Maybe something like 30% itemized before and only 13% do now? I might be pulling that out of my butt but I think it was in that vicinity.

Maybe?!?! Egads, @twig93, you’re spot on.

Courtesy of chatgpt:

2 Likes

Might need to look at the small print to see if twig’s post is referenced . . .

:grimacing:

One thing that’s not quite clear from the stats, though. How many calculated things both ways and took the better option?

Wow… I swear I did not look that up for the post… was just going from memory. Seemed like I remembered 30% did pre-TCJA and it was a little under half that still do. They were anticipating it cutting the figure more than it did.

They might not have anticipated behavior changes such as alternating years for itemized / standard and packing as many deductions into the itemized years as possible. I doubt too many people do that though, so you wouldn’t think it would have much impact.

1 Like

If you provide your itemized deductions I would think both a paid tax preparer or software like TurboTax or TaxCut would calculate it both ways. So probably a lot.

:raising_hand_man:sadly itemizing didn’t help.

I was going to come here and ask if people are having more afternoon sessions (iykwim) with their partners now that wfh is a regular thing but some of you have already answered that question.

Related, is Pedro Pascal hot? Or what’s wrong with me?