News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Man jailed 17 days for something he didn’t do. Sounds like a nightmare

American Airlines should be forced to stop operations for every day he was in jail.

I f:beep:ing hate American Airlines. They’re a bunch of sh:beep:heads.

1 Like

I’m actually bothered less by the American Airlines involvement - although they bear fault - and more by the failure of anyone else to disclose to him exactly what was going on. The idea that at the end of the 17 days he (1) never learned why he was in there, and (2) was guilty of missing a court date elsewhere that he either didn’t know about and/or couldn’t possibly attend brings into question exactly how broken the system is.

2 Likes

Synopsis: Woman had unprotected sex with man in said man’s car. She caught HPV from the experience. Man has auto and umbrella coverage with GEICO. GEICO uses a proprietary policy form that grants coverage for liability arising from bodily injury sustained by a person due to use of a covered auto (no limitation to car accidents).

This particular suit apparently came out of GEICO objecting to the two parties having reached a settlement through mediation without GEICO being as involved as it would have liked.

I swear I have this story somewhere on this site… I guess it finally settled

ok, to be fair, it was elsewhere

2 Likes

3 Likes

I was pretty sure I remembered reading another story about someone dying after falling into a vat of chocolate. I think it was on the old AO probably in the News that makes you say WTF?!?! thread.

And yes, it happened in New Jersey back in 2009.

I’ve lately taken to telling people that when I die, I want people to say I died doing what I loved doing, regardless of the actual circumstance, for the humor or otherwise. So, having sex, playing poker, refereeing, driving too fast on a curvy road, getting too drunk, sleeping, etc.
This one would also be apt.

Holy :poop:!! It’s weird watching his eyes move in two different directions. Poor kid!!

Old article, but appropriate for this thread.

Great name for a rock band. perhaps we’ll see them show up in funkingded’s thread.

1 Like

Do Not Piss Off This Elephant!

I’m thinking she did something to piss off that elephant

Obligatory Far Side reference:

4 Likes

The offense may have happened a long time ago. I hear those things don’t forget…

1 Like

Pro-Life Spiderman climbs office building in Oklahoma City

So the guy goes to what is arguably the most anti-abortion state to protest abortion…

Taking the easy way, fer sher.

https://local21news.com/news/local/susquehanna-twp-woman-charged-with-criminal-homicide-and-arson

Dauphin County woman accused of killing, burning her husband

Anyway, looks like she killed him… let the body… “ripen” a little, and then set the corpse on fire, trying to see if she could cover it up.