News that makes you say WTF?!?!

Old article, but appropriate for this thread.

Great name for a rock band. perhaps we’ll see them show up in funkingded’s thread.

1 Like

Do Not Piss Off This Elephant!

I’m thinking she did something to piss off that elephant

Obligatory Far Side reference:

4 Likes

The offense may have happened a long time ago. I hear those things don’t forget…

1 Like

Pro-Life Spiderman climbs office building in Oklahoma City

So the guy goes to what is arguably the most anti-abortion state to protest abortion…

Taking the easy way, fer sher.

https://local21news.com/news/local/susquehanna-twp-woman-charged-with-criminal-homicide-and-arson

Dauphin County woman accused of killing, burning her husband

Anyway, looks like she killed him… let the body… “ripen” a little, and then set the corpse on fire, trying to see if she could cover it up.

Cambodian catches world’s largest freshwater fish: a 660lb stingray

Tagged and released. Expected to be able to be tracked for the next year. :party:
The fisherman also got paid market rate for his catch, so wins all around.

1 Like

market rate? people eat stingrays?

1 Like

Eat local, fresh ingredients in season. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve heard that ‘bay scallop’ is frequently marketing speak for ‘cookie-cut stingray medallions’.

Article I read mentioned that type of fish wasn’t particularly prized or considered a delicacy, so the fisherman was happy to be paid to release it.

I have heard that, but not sure if it’s true or not. I do know that skate wing can be delicious.

1 Like

Yeah it’s still good. They just overcharge for the fake labelled stuff.

Others may not find this as WTF as me, but here goes. I thought the alcohol was one of the things that helped with the socializing aspect.

According to a recent CNBC article, the trend toward alcohol-free imbibing is on the rise. “Sales of nonalcoholic beverages rose 33.2 percent in the past year, with $331 million in total sales. Nonalcoholic beer and cider sales grew by 31.7 percent, but more notably, sales of nonalcoholic spirits grew 113.4 percent during the same period,” the article claims.

Answering the call for zero-proof beverages, @curiosityslc recently opened at the edge of downtown Salt Lake City. It’s serving a growing community of like-minded souls interested in the social delights of sharing in spirits, wine, and beer—without the effects of alcohol.

“A lot of people have expressed wanting a place like this for so long and not feeling like they had any options or places to go where they felt like they were fully accepted,” says Raegan Plewe, co-owner of Curiosity along with Erica Bruin.

People go to ice cream parties, tea parties, and non-alcoholic picnics. Why not non-alcoholic “wine” and mixed drinks?

I recently discovered “small beer”, which is beer with a very low alcohol content (although actual beer, brewed like other beer). I can have a glass or two without feeling any effects of the alcohol, and the guy who brings it to parties is a good brewer, bringing excellent and fresh beer. I quite like it.

2 Likes

There’s evidence that non-alcoholic beer is a good recovery drink post exercise. It has some anti-inflammatory properties. Olympians Are Using Nonalcoholic Beer As Recovery Drinks. Here's The Science : The Salt : NPR

1 Like