I'm old and cranky. I don't want to learn new stuff

You mean in the thread? No. Thats your trigger to like their post and welcome them.

1 Like

Yeah, in the thread.

I’m not going to do those thing, so it doesn’t really accomplish anything. It’s easy enough to ignore, though, so not a big deal.

Is there a way for me to post a video directly from my iPhone? …or would I have to upload it to somewhere like YouTube first and then link it here?

I can see how to post a picture but not a video.

Edit: oh, I finally found it…photo library—albums

Edit^2: maybe not…

YouTube. This is the only way I have found to do it. I mean I assume there are other video upload websites, but you do need to upload externally and then use a link.

1 Like

How do you spoiler text in GoA?

1 Like

@spacelobster, any chance you would consider implementing the in-line blur feature? It’s nice for brief things.

In the other places you use this, does the blur replace the spoiler tag, or do you have both features?

They have both.

It’s on the agenda for the developer. Not super high priority (and they’re buried right now) so it might be a few weeks. I’ve advised him to keep the spoiler tag instead of replacing it.

Is there a way for me to find all of the threads/topics that I’ve created in a particular forum (specifically, software-technology)?

I know how to find all of the Topics I’ve created.
I know how to find all of the Replies I’ve made in a particular forum.

Oh…wait…never mind…in the advanced search side bar, I found the drop-down under “Only return topics/posts…” where I can specify “I created”.

All’s good that ends good.

Is there a way to get a thread to not show up in “latest”, but still show up if I go to “categories”? If I want to unmute a thread, it is actually quite hard to find it.

Do we have a thread for smiley suggestions? Because…

:iatp:

Also, :toth: would be nice to have.

2 Likes

I miss :swear: and :shake:

1 Like

We do have a thread for it, I don’t know what the process is to add them.

1 Like

@SpaceLobster got them added very quickly back when we first asked. He may be willing to add a few more if you ask nicely. Hopefully he still has access to the old AO emojis.

Someone found them on the way back machine, I think that’s linked in the other thread also.

I dont specifically have them but if you’ve got a URL and a preferred short code I can add them easily.

Also I really felt this one was going to take off
:approve:

It’s too big. And it’s the kind of thing that’s cute the first couple of times you see it, but loses its shine quickly. IMO, of course.

2 Likes