I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

Oh, and the ones I bought are flexible. You can try to snap them and it’s difficult. I’m sure it’s possible if you put forth sufficient effort, but it’s hard enough that you won’t accidentally break them. So even the two I kept “just in case” probably won’t be needed unless we lose the others.

So you went from having no rulers to like one in every room?

Do you not have a tape measure? (You mentioned a tool shelf)

I like to have a ruler in every desk drawer. If I had none for some reason, I might buy a couple.

1 Like

The 12-inch ruler is the better value by far ($0.118/inch) than the 15-inch ruler ($0.253/inch).
:judge:

2 Likes

You actuaries and your rulers.

1 Like

I drill a hole in yard sticks so I can draw perfect circles - specifically when I build furniture (I like roundness)

I carry a graph paper notebook, pencil, compass and a protractor with me 80% of the time. I never know what I might think of to build and want to be prepared.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a tape measure (several, in fact), but sometimes a ruler is the right tool for the job. We have a 6 figure income so $15 was within our price range.

1 Like

Baller alert!

2 Likes

:laughing:
Yes, on a board of actuaries disclosing that hubby & I have a joint income of at least $100,000 is super baller!

3 Likes

Sometimes when I am being cheap with myself I remind myself how much I make. If my family didn’t spend so much I’d actually have money!

5 Likes

I also remind myself of the mortgage, the parent student loan payments, the electric bill, the car payment, auto insurance,…

2 Likes

And the desire to fund retirement that does not include a big step down in standard of living.

But then i splash it around on the rulers!

6 Likes

All in the first week of the month (for most of these) for me…

1 Like

Buying a new belt from Allen Edmonds. I’ve worn this one about six days a week for a decade or so and it’s pretty worn at this point.

2 Likes

The wallet guys?

That’s Mitchell. And they do make belts. I almost ordered one from them, you can’t lose with either Mitchell Leather or Allen Edmonds, imo.

Dropped a hundred bucks on the TOTL Logitech mouse. I had an Anker that was decent, but since I use it so much, figured it’s worth having a great mouse.

Couple hundred on a keyboard and mouse that you use all day, should be a non-issue.
I’ve got a decent gamers mouse and a tactile keyboard with cherry keys and those rubber inserts on all my keyboards. A bit loud for office work, but I work from home in a separate room so it’s fine.

Exactly. I have a Das Keyboard with the Cherry mechanical keys.

1 Like

Disc golf. Bought 12 today. I got a crew of good dudes that invite me to play. They like the no-context T-roy

3 Likes