Hunter Biden Investigation

It was a comment, not an endorsement.

1 Like

Eh, Biden didn’t get a bad reputation as VPOTUS, not did Al Gore nor George HW Bush… which of course is precisely why those are the ones to be subsequently nominated for POTUS. (And while it’s true that Dick Cheney never intended to run for POTUS, if he had, his campaign would have gone about as far as Dan Quayle’s did.)

VP GHWB didn’t have a “bad” reputation, but he was considered a Wimp. The wimp factor was strong with him (or a least the media told us so).

Harris’ term as VP reminds me an awful lot of Dan Quayle’s term as VP. Full of unforced verbal blunders.

I haven’t put much effort into forming an opinion of the current VPOTUS. What I have noticed is early on there was a lot of mention of the Biden-Harris administration but it is more recently exclusively called the Biden administration. When the exact switch was is hard to say.

1 Like

Honestly I’ve hear almost nothing about or from Harris. Beyond she was given the impossible and toothless position of Border czar

2 Likes

So she had more public appearances than pence or quayle?

I came here because of this, and had to scroll back through pages about Harris to get to it.

Started a new thread for the drift about who will run in 2024. @Lucy or any other mod reading this: feel free to move posts as appropriate… or not.

Some More News, normally very liberal and very humorous, did what seems to be a somewhat-balanced, but still somewhat humorous, story on the whole Hunter Biden thing. Includes NSFW language.

:rofl: :rofl:

The Twitter files from musk?

1 Like

Not following closely but i think the twitter files relate to Twitter’s internal decision-making process regarding moderating tweets about Hunter Biden (specifically laptop maybe?)

Yes. Stuff that was basically already known.

It is all so idiotic.
The fact that right wing idiots think that any of this points to censorship, twitter bias or suppressed any information prior to the 2020 election is just completely stupid.

Yes, there are several layers of idiotic. It’s hard to comprehend how they think they have a point.

1 Like

It is very “unconservative” and possibly illiberal as well (but arguably statist) to think a company like Twitter should be forced to be “unbiased”. If there were some kind of government involvement in compelling censorship or speech, that would make me concerned. I haven’t seen signs of that, shortlived anti-disinformation committee notwithstanding.

just want to remined the GOP of a point on HB.

GOP screaming censorship of this story in Oct 2020.

but do they remember how they tried to break this story in the first place? They leaked it to the Post (which even most R wing folks view as an over-sensationalized tabloid) and then had Giuliani (a known trump crony with zero remaining credibility) lead the charge for the October surprise. Any one with 1/2 a brain questioned this out of the gate just from the delivery. Most conservatives didnt really believe it until a few months later. They had a good election year story, but totally failed to leverage it. and it was their own damn fault, not twitter.

This is the kind of plan 3 guys with an 8 ball of cocaine come up with at 4 am.

Yes, that is important to remember, and Giuliani controlled the flow of information such that it was basically an unverifiable rumor to anyone but the tabloid NY Post.

Lol Tucker Carlson asked Hunter Biden to help get his son into Georgetown.

1 Like

You have to remember that this was extremely important to everybody who planned to vote Hunter Biden for POTUS. (/s)

If he did illegal stuff chuck him into prison, if he didn’t then don’t. Basically nobody on the left cares, the right is trying to point it out as a whataboutism to Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.