Hunter Biden Investigation

Eh, having a son go to prison is a bad look for any politician. I’m not justifying that, but I think it’s the reality.

I dont think it matters at all once JB announces he is not running in 24.

I dont think its a bombshell either. No one really believes that HB is some good person and this is a shock that he might get charged.

IF he announces that.

At the rate things are going he’ll announce that he’s not running and some staffer will put out a retraction on the assumption that the boss said something that wasn’t on the teleprompter.

it would make zero sense for him to run in 24. My theory is that he will start admitting this sometime between the mid-terms and when the new congress starts in Jan.

that could be its own thread. Both parties could have some interesting primaries coming up next year.

1 Like

One thing is true is that joke will never get as old as Biden!

https://twitter.com/adamparkhomenko/status/1578215202193305600?s=46&t=5cdkr__-6msfdGFEPMkLDQ

2 Likes

I’m guessing Walker’s support is higher than 38% as some people are probably embarrassed to admit they’re voting for him… most of that 12% that’s not accounted for is probably on Team Walker.

But if 50% support Warnock then that bodes well. It’ll still come down to turnout.

Yeah, that poll is probably an outlier.

Still more interesting and important than hunter Biden though.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t look into who the pollster was or what other polls have been saying.

538 has Warnock up by 4, it’s an outlier. But by a reputable pollster.

1 Like

It made zero sense for W to keep Cheney as his running mate in 2004, or for his father to keep Quayle as his running mate in 1992. It made zero sense for FDR to replace Wallace in 1944. It made zero sense for Ralph Nader to run in 2000 and again in 2004. It made zero sense for Nelson Rockefeller to accept the VPOTUS nomination only to not seek re-election less than two years later. It made zero sense for Teddy Roosevelt to run against William Howard Taft in 1912 and fracture the party. It made zero sense for Strom Thurmond or George Wallace to run for POTUS, yet all of those things happened.

I don’t think you can count on candidates making the sensible choice.

Also, given the lack of obvious successors, I’m not even sure that I agree with your “zero sense” comment. Yeah, he’s got his problems. But so does every other potential candidate. I’m not remotely convinced that his problems are worse (in terms of affecting the Democratic Party’s chance of winning the 2024 POTUS election) than the problems of those who might replace him on the ticket.

It would be worse than a bad look. It would be unacceptable.

I really hope that Democrats let Biden know it’s not acceptable for him to run again. He’s too old now. he’ll be extra too old by Nov '24.

Having Harris run in 2024 seems to have not turned out too well. I think she has been treated unfairly by the media, but also has not really given anyone anything to challenge that. She’s forgettable like Pence other than his January 6 moment of saving democracy in the US for at least a few more years. Maybe she can get a moment like that, but it needs to happen pretty soon. A Biden health crises is certainly possible any day.

I think Pete Buttigieg can step up quickly if needed. Beyond that, the democrats don’t have much of a bench. Newsom and Pirtzker are maybe???

HARRIS has been treated unfairly?

The woman shows up unprepared to press meetings on a regular basis. She got a look from a foreign head of state in a press conference in Europe over it. She doesn’t do her prep work and stories out of her office (and the crazy turnover) indicate she has a toxic management style. Just what we need. Then the comments about FIMA help being prioritized for equity.

At this point she’s assassination insurance for Biden. By being so bad no one would want to kill him.

2 Likes

Sounds like she gets to join the club with Cheney, Gore, Pence and Quayle of recent VPs that didn’t get a promotion.

From your complaint she sounds at least as competent as the former POTUS.

But she’s female and the media treats her differently like they did with Palin and Clinton.

1 Like

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

No, but if they end up being the options…

+1, I think VPs always get a bad rep, as they aren’t supposed to do anything but are in the spotlight.