Home Improvements

No kidding. that’s downtown,man.

When we use the shower/tub, we just make sure to leave the fan running for a good long time afterwards (like 1/2-1 hour). That seems to remove any moisture issues.

Correct. I didn’t like the idea of a claw foot tub / shower combo. There will be a door casing a few inches from the shower but there will be a glass panel there.

New backsplash idea.

2 Likes

Oh, i guess i posted that before.

I got a nice Panasonic fan that’s a bit oversized so it’ll be well ventilated.

Normally an 80CFM fan would be fine, I got a 110CFM unit. Nothing crazy, but it’ll circulate some air.

1 Like

Trying to get rid of this.
DuMont RA 378

Doesn’t work.

Best way?

These days, the cool kids put their stuff on FB Marketplace. Even if you don’t actually want anything for it, put like $25 on it. Someone will offer you $10 and be more likely to show up than if you say it’s free. This is what I do to get rid of crap. Then when they try to give me the money I say it’s free, thanks for showing up! :joy:

This is the way. Neat old piece, I bet someone will take it and put in a Bluetooth setup in their retro room.

Yeah.
I’m going to find some industry prop people who might need it for their period piece inventory.

Sorry, not using Facebook for anything.
Might employ someone else to do it, though.
Yes, a cool kid.

1 Like

If they ever re-boot Mad Men it will be in high demand.

Test fitting.

6 Likes

Oh that’s beautiful!!!

1 Like

I love stained glass. That’s awesome.

1 Like

Soapstone going in. They forgot my backsplash so use your imagination. Also, the white electrical outlets are getting swapped to black next week to match the rest. Couldn’t find black when they were installing them.

The vanity looks big in this shot, but it’s 42” wide. Large-ish but not huge.

4 Likes

Why no one in this house should DIY home improvements. I’ve been officing in this room for well over a year and just noticed.

It’s crooked? That’s an easy fix.
The cover plate screws into the actual light switch. But the light switch, where it screws into the receptacle box will have some wiggle room.
Unscrew the cover plate. Loosen the screw holding the top of the switch, slide it vertical then retighten. Throw the cover back on, done.
You’re welcome. Sincerely, Bob Villa.

Protip, the real professionals (aka me) will also line up the slots in the cover plate screws so that they’re both vertical. Not all willy nilly ‘that’s just where I decided to stop turning the screwdriver’ like what’s going on in that picture.

My spouse would kill me if I left stuff like that.
Actually, that’s kinda got me thinking, maybe I’ll randomly move a couple off vertical, see how long it takes to notice.

2 Likes

I picked up my soapstone. This will be the top of a small table next to the washing machine.

1 Like

New table or reusing something old?

1 Like