Happy Thoughts

my happy thought is that I know that this:

is some kind of verb tense, and that I no longer care enough to know what it is. Something-perfect?

Hm. I didn’t care either. But now I kinda do. It’s like losing the game.

Future perfect

You’re welcome :smile:

1 Like

Well look at that! Back to not caring anymore. Thx!

2 Likes

My inbox is like triage, once I figure out how to address the email, it gets moved elsewhere. I can’t function with an inbox that requires even a scrollbar.

1 Like

Yeah exactly this. Information is allocated away from my inbox as much and as quickly as possible.

Plans for our Little Free Library are coming along. Hoping to have it opened in April.

The library book sale next month will help. My daughter put together a wish list on Amazon that I will print out and take with me. I’ll also get some grown up books since she will take care of kids and teens.

3 Likes

I love the little free libraries around our neighborhood, they’re so charming. Someone even put up a little art gallery, they paint miniature paintings and exhibit them in the thing, also pose figurines looking at the art. I’ve been thinking about opening a free little food pantry with some essentials, plus clean socks. We have a moderate homeless population in our neighborhood, also many hungry college students. But I’m not sure if my neighbors would appreciate the extra foot traffic it could generate.

1 Like

a bunch by us are brought in for renovation in the winter, which is a pain because i am trying to rehome a few hundred books.

There are four unsanctioned ones in town, but they don’t empty as fast.

I think there are two more, a little too far to walk. May do a drive and check them out

I knew I was passing one in another town, so i grabbed a dozen books to put some in there too

1 Like

Just realized that There Is An App for That

1 Like

I just downloaded and there aren’t many in my town—most at businesses and schools.

those are just the sanctioned ones.

From the app I found 4 I wasn’t aware of in walking distance.

Within 3 miles 19 sanctioned and 4 unsanctioned I know of

1 Like

Yeah, walking around my neighborhood I’ve never seen one. If I walk or drive around other neighborhoods to look for one I’ll probably get reported on that Neighborhood app for being “suspicious”. :grin:

2 Likes

I have actually thought about that as I am walking around carrying a loaded backpack

1 Like

Fewer than five more days of braces!!

5 Likes

Ice fishing yesterday.

Check out my Smitty sled I made with a 10 dollar set of skis and a bit of wood.

Not much in the way of fish. But had a lot of fun with the guys. The fellow on the left is from India and announced that he’s engaged, it’s an arranged marriage. His parents were asking, he told them he’d let them know when he was ready. So he finally called and said, yep, I’m ready. He tells me they were excited, and basically said ‘ok, we’re gonna get down to work and find some for you’. Which they did.
That resulted in a whole education around arranged marriages, how muslim marriages overlap with Indian weddings, how the whole multi day process works, and the immigration process for his future wife.

They guy on the right has been fishing with me in my boat before. Had to talk him down from owning a boat now. He’s showing me pictures and asking my advice. My advice was, you’re a student and don’t even own a car. Don’t buy a boat.

That was the goings on in our hut. Next hut over probably having a different conversation given the amount of mj smoke rolling out of it lol.

Oh,as for the middle guy, we were talking tattooes and I’d mentioned that my spouse and I had thought of getting one together. He suggested my spouse should get one that says ‘im with stupid’.

5 Likes

I distinctly recall my Indian college roommate and I discussing this. One thing is that Indian women basically have to get married by age 25… past that they’re an old maid that no self-respecting man would want. Her parents had an arranged marriage. Were they expecting to arrange her marriage?

“Oh”, she smiled. “I have the best of both worlds. If I find someone I want to marry, as long as he’s Indian and my parents like him then I can marry him. But if I don’t find someone by the time I’m 24 then I don’t have to worry about it. My parents will find someone for me to marry.

(My brain is still spinning, almost 30 years later, at the bolded portion. Although given my track record with marriage perhaps I should have handed the decision-making over to my parents.)

She really did seem stoked about this arrangement and ultimately ended up marrying her college boyfriend. Her parents were happy with the match. However he was a much higher caste than her so his family was pretty displeased about the whole thing. They eventually relented as they perhaps saw it wouldn’t change his mind, plus the difference in male/female birth rates did mean more and more men were marrying down. It didn’t bring quite the shame on the family it once would have.

Yeah buddy was very happy.

Made pot roast for supper: the kitchen smells great!!!

1 Like

Just to highlight the cultural differences… she is a doctor and his family thought she wasn’t good enough. Her skin is definitely darker than his … which was all-important.

2 Likes