Happy Thoughts

I promise I didn’t soend much more than that. $14 maybe? It’s only “good” bc the last time I did it, it was $3.

Anyway I can get like 3 or 4 roasts out of this bottle so it will last a while.

2 Likes

My company has taken advantage of a matching donation offered by MacKenzie Scott via a company called RIP Medical Debt. It’s a nonprofit that takes donations and buys medical debt from debt collectors on behalf of low income individuals. Since it’s a nonprofit, the beneficiaries don’t owe any tax on the forgiven debt, it’s a neat structure. Most of the debt can be purchased for pennies on the dollar.

Late last year, my company (with matching funds) eliminated $86M in medical debt for low income individuals in Mississippi and Louisiana - the two states with arguably the worst health outcomes in the US.

If you’re looking for a new place to donate, I’d at least consider looking into RIP Medical Debt.

8 Likes

Currently vibrating. Hardly able to eat my lunch.

I was in the phone with a friend talking about a website. An email came in from someone and I put the email and our conversation together and just found a solution to one of the biggest problems I’m facing in my business, financial in nature.
Not only that, but the solution is going to kill it. And bonus, it’s using tech I’ve never seen used in the industry before.
I better calm down, I’ve got work to do this afternoon.
Lol at my marketing person who expressed concerns. I’m like, are you kidding me? You know what this will look like on your resume?

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

It’s sunny today for a change!!! :sunglasses:

Great idea offered at my local public library. 7 time slots in January and February. I hope they continue it.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 8.15.50 PM

4 Likes
paywalls are ruff

https://pdf.fivefilters.org/makepdf.php?v=2.6&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Flifestyle%2F2023%2F01%2F10%2Falaska-dog-bus-mo-mountain-mutts%2F&api_key=&mode=multi-story&output=pdf&template=A4&images=1&date=1&sub=&title=Your+Personal+Newspaper&order=desc&date_start=&submit=Create

I was unprecedentedly running 12 minutes early for an appointment (that seriously never happens) and drove past a brand-new car wash that had a big banner out front “grand opening - free car wash today only”.

My car desperately needed it, and it was the fancy expensive wash they were giving away that cleans the salt from your undercarriage… which was badly needed in my case.

They asked for a donation to a local food bank and gave me a tax receipt for the donation and everything, without me even asking. It was early in the day so only one car in front of me. I’m sure by lunchtime word will be out and they’ll be swamped.

I ended up being 1 minute late to my appointment but they were running 4 minutes behind, so my lateness went unnoticed and everyone was appreciative of the news about the free car wash down the street. So it basically cost me nothing in terms of time.,. I would have otherwise been sitting in the lobby waiting. Score!

5 Likes

I love efficiency.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

:iatp:

1 Like

Window replacement place is still offereing 12mo 0% financing in the current market…suckers.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.11.16 PM

3 Likes

Current inbox:

5 Likes

I try to keep my inbox pretty clean but I’m never at zero. My wife is the opposite, she has thousands of messages in her inbox and I don’t know how she manages.

:iatp:

I came in this morning with one meeting scheduled. It now looks like I will have been in 3 by the end of the day. So it won’t stay that way long.