DGAF Friday

:laughing:

:cry:

1 Like

All out of Fs to G today.

1 Like

Not much work today. Developer is working on a project. Coop student is getting trained and certified. So no managment duties. I’ve got an outdoor pig roast tomorrow so that m in the garage blanching fries. Then a 4.5 hour drive back ‘home’.

Funny calling it back home. I’ve spent pretty much my entire adult life here, left back home at 19.

I went to the farmers’ market this morning. Now I gotta get to actuarializing. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

These are the days I miss the AO with games or poking around at old threads.

4 Likes

Napped from 9:30 to noon this morning. Am taking off seven consecutive Fridays!

4 Likes

Bit of work this morning. This afternoon, it’s on to studying!

Looking forward to next week. I have a meeting with an aml consultant to see if they’ll agree or disagree with my assertation that pretty much every life agent in Canada is non compliant with the pcmcia regs.

I REALLY NEED SLEEP THIS WEEKEND DESPERATELY.

implications of this if true?

Well, I may have a service in the pipes that makes them compliant. As for me, I know I’m compliant, but I do stuff that other people in the industry don’t. The service basically wraps what I’m doing (which I know is OK, because it’s defined specifically in the gov’t docs).
Or, the companies do what companies do which is a risk assessment and decide that they don’t care. I’ve seen them do stuff like that before.

The wut.

Need like 1 more good hour… but fading fast here.

Autocorrect. Proceeds of crime and money laundering.

Which is stupid because nobody ever money laundered through a life insurance policy.

2 Likes

And people getting killed for the insurance money only happens in the movies!!!

2 Likes

I hope y’all are missing some red font!!!

Here you go https://community.goactuary.com/t/thread-to-tag-talk-to-discobot

I was thinking about actuarializing on the deck, but it’s not quite warm enough outside. Gonna work until about 4:00ish, then stop GAF.

Sweata weatha!

I’m working on something incredibly tedious and it’s hard to GAF.

I’m behind 10 ce credits for a non actuarial credential. Just done 5 in an hour. I’ll finish the other 5 in an hour or two.