Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

Well now that the Republicans won the House I’m sure we’ll see their comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill in January.

2 Likes

Just thought it was a good share. Something we can all agree on. The border is complicated and highly political. The highly political part means that the highly complicated part is almost an impossible obstacle to overcome.

Need a definition of “darnedest” (the actual spelling).

Ah: means “used to emphasize the surprising nature of something.”
So, I take it that you were surprised that the Democrat said somewhat disparaging but truthful things about Democrats? That’s a feature, not a bug.

1 Like

Maybe didn’t deserve it’s own thread and didnt know where else to put it.

1 Like

Maybe we need a thread for when a politician says something refreshingly honest.

I expect there will be so few entries that we won’t need to separate by party, but I suppose we could.

The Mark Kelly quote would be a fine entry.

2 Likes

There’s this one.

Yeah, I thought of that one. But I think “refreshingly honest” is a little different from “somewhat intelligent” although Ranger may have been conflating the two.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AftabPureval/status/1619020031941279744?s=20&t=OebNXokyCchLFhqIsv3IIQ

Not sure where to put this, but lots of folks talking about it on Facebook. Apparently even the Bengals are :man_facepalming: about it and he’s since issued an apology.

It’s not the most egregious thing ever, just kind of cringey at times. While I’m sure he thought it was funny to make fun of Kansas City being “named after a neighboring state”… he doesn’t have a ton of room to talk given that the Cincinnati airport is located in a neighboring state. At least Kansas City is in the same state as their airport.

And the stuff about the paternity test… :grimacing::woman_facepalming:

Actual proclamation:

Meh . . . The thing about such acts is the “fallout” that about to come when they lose.

FWIW, I thought it was a very good game all around. The thing I liked was after the game, Ossai’s teammate stayed by his side and positioned his body between any cameras and him to help give his more privacy.

If you look at the comments there was plenty of fallout before the game too.

Although the funniest response I saw was after (and deserved):

1 Like

:rofl:

Great reference to WKRP, too!!
:judge:

1 Like

Yeah I only caught it when I posted it, not when I first saw it because there’s an actual station in Cincinnati called WKRC. But that was a great add.

Wrong tread posting or am I missing some Democrat Sports crossover?

The original tweet was from the mayor of Cincinnati, who is a Democrat.

1 Like

I knew I had to be missing something.

1 Like

I just don’t think it makes the grade. Not even the same league as Jewish space lasers.
Do better please.

2 Likes

Gotta keep the thread alive with something…

1 Like

It’s been clear for a long while that there just isn’t very much good fodder for this thread.

1 Like

smh

1 Like