Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

https://twitter.com/AftabPureval/status/1619020031941279744?s=20&t=OebNXokyCchLFhqIsv3IIQ

Not sure where to put this, but lots of folks talking about it on Facebook. Apparently even the Bengals are :man_facepalming: about it and heā€™s since issued an apology.

Itā€™s not the most egregious thing ever, just kind of cringey at times. While Iā€™m sure he thought it was funny to make fun of Kansas City being ā€œnamed after a neighboring stateā€ā€¦ he doesnā€™t have a ton of room to talk given that the Cincinnati airport is located in a neighboring state. At least Kansas City is in the same state as their airport.

And the stuff about the paternity testā€¦ :grimacing::woman_facepalming:

Actual proclamation:

Meh . . . The thing about such acts is the ā€œfalloutā€ that about to come when they lose.

FWIW, I thought it was a very good game all around. The thing I liked was after the game, Ossaiā€™s teammate stayed by his side and positioned his body between any cameras and him to help give his more privacy.

If you look at the comments there was plenty of fallout before the game too.

Although the funniest response I saw was after (and deserved):

1 Like

:rofl:

Great reference to WKRP, too!!
:judge:

1 Like

Yeah I only caught it when I posted it, not when I first saw it because thereā€™s an actual station in Cincinnati called WKRC. But that was a great add.

Wrong tread posting or am I missing some Democrat Sports crossover?

The original tweet was from the mayor of Cincinnati, who is a Democrat.

1 Like

I knew I had to be missing something.

1 Like

I just donā€™t think it makes the grade. Not even the same league as Jewish space lasers.
Do better please.

2 Likes

Gotta keep the thread alive with somethingā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s been clear for a long while that there just isnā€™t very much good fodder for this thread.

1 Like

smh

1 Like

Wow. Heā€™s not a politician / political strategist, but thatā€™s pretty cringeworthy.

Thatā€™s extremely cringeworthy. Iā€™m not sure what he was thinking (obviously not at all) by going there.

Itā€™s probably time to demote him to a different time slot with fewer viewers again.

He apologized via Twitter and was not on the show this morning, although apparently that was planned before all of this went down.

Impossible to defend Don Lemon on his remarks but at least he apologized profusely afterwards.

I mean obviously in terms of looks then heā€™s correct about 20s, 30s, 40s being a womanā€™s prime.

It was pretty dang clear that Nikki Haley was talking about workplace competence though, so it was insanely sexist to reduce her to her looks when sheā€™s running for President. Heā€™s helping her out by giving her free airtime and making his side look really really bad. I doubt he meant to do that.

As has been pointed out elsewhereā€¦ he is older than Nikki Haley, Kamala Harris is older than Nikki Haley, and Joe Biden & Donald Trump are both a LOT older than Nikki Haley.

1 Like

I only saw the tweet. Was there more? I would not describe the Tweet as ā€œprofusely apologeticā€ā€¦ I was actually in the process of looking to see if there was any other apology.

Hmm, for some reason I thought Lemon was visiting The View when I posted my original comment.

Doesnā€™t change the fact that was a serious blunder that reveals a severe bias.