Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

True, but I think the theory is that the cancer was the result of exposure to the burn pits in Iraq.

Still, it does seem more and more like Biden is past his prime and should not run in 2024. I fear we will have two terrible candidates again. Sigh.

Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Bidenā€™s leadership.

Yay for Bidenā€™s leadership!!

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1587546267923742725

Iā€™m getting a ā€œpage does not existā€ message. Did the White House seriously tweet that?

I expect it has been taken down by now as it was a stupid tweet by the WH. Hate to direct you to Fox but this adds some context.

1 Like

To be more explicit, yes, Biden has long believed that the cancer was a result of Beauā€™s service in Iraq. For example,

1 Like

They did seriously tweet that (screenshot attached), but theyā€™ve since deleted it becauseā€¦ wow.

2 Likes

In 2018, ā€œwe went to 54 states [to campaign].ā€

FWIW, I do believe that several U.S. ā€œterritoriesā€ have elections to send a non-voting representative to the House.

Itā€™s not too far of a stretch to say ā€œ54 statesā€ instead of a more clunky (albeit more accurate) phrase.

Note: these non-voting members can still introduce legislation and have a vote in the committees they serve on.

Get your popcorn.

# Biden to Give Speech Wednesday Night About Threats to Democracy

Trueā€¦ everyone whoā€™s ever worked on state pages knows there are 56 ā€œstatesā€. (the 50 actual states plus American Samoa, DC, Guam, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands)

If Biden actually visited 54 of the 56 ā€œstatesā€ then Iā€™d give him a pass. But that requires at least one of AS, GU, and NoMa, and letā€™s just say that I very much doubt that. Not least because those places are pretty heavily Democratic in the first place and itā€™s a lllllllllooooooooonnnngggg way to go for a fundraiser. Maybe possibly in combination with an Asia trip but even so itā€™s quite out of the way.

Obviously heā€™s in DC all the time, and PR & USVI arenā€™t so far away so those are more believable.

1 Like

I mean, Iā€™m basically giving him a pass anyway and assuming that he either inverted the digits on 45, or actually meant 44 and somehow added 10 by accident, as his former boss did 7 years earlier.

Maybe my products have cut corners, for us itā€™s usually 51 states (DC)ā€¦ although I could see PR being a meaningful market

I shudder to think about those hurricane AALs though

Heh, I still remember an auditor raking us over the coals for ā€œfailing to catchā€ that premium decreased by 80% from one quarter to the next. This is the sort of obvious mistake that we are supposed to findā€¦ how could we possibly miss this egregious error, and who was responsible??? (Read that in a chiding tone.)

Yeah, an 80% drop in premium seems like something we would normally catch since our controls always compare the latest quarter to both the prior and the same quarter the year before.

Uhā€¦ precisely which premium number are you looking at?

3rd quarter compared to 2nd quarter, paid premium for US Virgin Islands.

Shirley youā€™re joking!!! We have two groups in USVI and the HR Coordinator on one was going on maternity leave starting July 1 and so she paid the 3Q premium 3 days early before she left. Therefore for that client we got two quarterly payments in 2Q and zero payments in 3Q. And the other client was just paying their monthly premium like clockwork. Earned premium per quarter was identical down to the penny. :woman_facepalming:

So anyway, point is thatā€™s itā€™s not actually that difficult to do business in the territoriesā€¦ they donā€™t have onerous rate filing requirements. Or they didnā€™t when I was with an employer who did business in the territories anyway. But then occasionally things get bumpy because you have so little business there, and that can be a nuisance.

I guess if youā€™re writing medical/dental/vision and you need a network of providers that would be a pain. Or P&C where you need claims adjusters to be physically present then that too could be an issue. But for life & disability it was no biggie. Youā€™ll want to assign your Pacific Island clients to claims personnel who like to work weird hours.

This made me go back and watch the video, as I was thinking he was off by 7, not 10. But watching it, it seems pretty clear to me that he was doing the math half aloud, half in his head. He doesnā€™t just say ā€œfifty sevenā€. He says ā€œfifty ā€¦sevenā€ with a fairly long pause between. He seemed to be doing the 50, minus the one he hadnā€™t been to yet, minus Alaska and Hawaii (and explicitly mentions the ones heā€™s subtracting), but only says the 7 part out loud. Seems to me that by neglecting to mention the 10s place, heā€™s off by 40, not 10

Huh? Are you saying heā€™d only been to 17 states at that point? Because I believe it was pretty late in the campaign.

I wonder if ā€œDNC and the Big Lieā€ deserves its own thread.

Reminder: Brian Kemp stole the gubernatorial election from Georgians and Stacey Abrams.

https://twitter.com/k_jeanpierre/status/1245752237353308160

Hereā€™s the clip, BTW.

Heā€™d been to 57 states with 1 more to go because his staff wouldnā€™t justify him going to Alaska and Hawaii even though he wanted to.

I canā€™t see any justification for how he meant anything other than 47.
[Actual number of states] - [Alaska & Hawaii] - [the one he hadnā€™t been to yet] = 47

:judge:

They deleted the tweet and now a watchdog group is saying this may have violated the Presidential Records Act.

ā€œOutside of the unprecedented reliance on the Act to support a subpoena to search the home of a former U.S. President, the Act and its enforcement have historically received little attention,ā€ wrote Michael Chamberlain, director of Protect the Publicā€™s Trust, referencing the FBI raid of former President Donald Trumpā€™s Mar-a-Lago estate to search for presidential records.

ā€œHowever, now that strict enforcement of the Act appears to be a high priority for the Archivist of the United States, and by extension the Department of Justice, we would like to bring to your attention a matter of serious concern as it applies to preserving the historical record of President Joseph Biden,ā€ Chamberlain adds.

How many Tweets did 45 delete while POTUS?

Please calm down with the whataboutism.