Democrats Say the Darndest Things!

Joe Reed is fiercely determined to keep his control over the state party. It isn’t like the people he booted are going to go running to the R’s, but it definitely contributes to apathy.

107 posts were split to a new topic: Is White Supremacy a serious threat to the US, or is saying so a “darndest thing”?

This thread got hard derailed by the white supremacy topic and the defense that it was a darndest thing to say it’s dangerous. I was part of that, sorry. I’ll shut up on it here, up to mods if needing merging/moving.

If I see a real Democratic darndest I will post here to get back on topic.

This thread mostly just sits idle anyway.

4 Likes

This topic deserves it’s own thread imo. Those posts could get split off if anyone else is interested

2 Likes

Okay, I split off those posts into their own thread. I think there’s a decent chance that thread will get closed, but it least it’s no longer clogging up this thread.

1 Like

“You’re just making this smaller so it can’t catch up with the other darndest thread!! So biased!!!”
– some poster’s future post

4 Likes

Remember serial liar Tara Reade who accused Biden of sexual assault then turned into a Putin propagandist? She announced today she is defecting to Russia in a Russian state press conference. Her buddy Maria Butina accompanied her in the appearance

2 Likes

She will be fine as long as she doesn’t accuse Putin of sexual assault.

2 Likes

bye bye

1 Like

Karine Jean-Pierre just owned the media’s constant focus on President Biden’s age by saying, “I will leave you with a quote here…It’s a Huffington Post headline: After calling Joe Biden senile, Republicans complained he outsmarted them. I’ll leave it there.” Enough said.

IDK, maybe not darndest but she is a democrat so I figurethis thread could use some material. LOL

Ah yes, the Russian spy. I knew I remember that name.

This isn’t really a statement but this thread is pretty bare so here’s a democrat who continues to do some of the darndest things

1 Like

Democratic state party infighting

Doug Jones, the former us attorney who secured cold case convictions in the 1963 Birmingham church bombing, who helped get SC Justice Kentanji Jackson Brown confirmed, yeah, that dude. It turns out he’s racist. Or at least according to the AL state party chair.

Racist against Blacks? or against Whites, because he elevates Blacks above (equal to) them?

Against Blacks. Current state Chair (who is Black) led a controversial reversal of 2019 organizational changes the national party mandated (and Jones helped institute). His faction alleges the changes diluted Black strength in party leadership. Jones has countered Exec Committee Black representation levels have remained the same before and after the 2019 bylaws change, at about 60%.
The meeting in May in which the 2019 changes were reversed is the subject of a formal challenge from about 44 members to the party, and the Chair’s response letter labeled the 2019 changes as a “racially motivated plot”. It is not entirely clear to me where this challenge is being adjudicated, or what may result.

Feels like cheating to post him, but since he’s trying a Presidential run… Will be fun to see him slapped down by most Democratic voters.

I like that the water can either make children gay or transgender, and also makes girls masculine and boys feminine. It’s so advanced it does everything he finds scary!

It’s hard to feel sympathy for a Kennedy, but I feel uncomfortable making fun of someone who is mentally ill and he really seems like he is.

I liked his dad and his uncle a bit and I think there are a lot of older Democrats who still give some credence to the Kennedy name. I have seen poll numbers around 20% for him which is astounding for a flake. Could also be because Williamson and Biden have weak support. No one will want to debate him as how can you argue with someone who will just keep repeating lies?

1 Like

I mean if the water contains high levels of both estrogen and testosterone that’s being peed out after people take them supplementally, and then NOT filtered out before making its way back into the supply of drinking water, it’s certainly possible, perhaps even likely, that biological females are getting too much testosterone while biological males are simultaneously getting too much estrogen.

Whether that turns someone gay or trans is obviously a completely different question.

I do recall reading something about the effect on frogs of all of these hormones in the water though, and it wasn’t good. Been a while since I read the article (like 10+ years) but I don’t recall anything about gay frogs and I’m not sure how you could even identify a trans frog.

(Out of context that last bit would look very silly.)

But I do generally worry about the level of hormones in the water supply.