Yeah, I said it

:iatp:

That said, one time I was staying at a BnB with someone who hates oatmeal about as much as I hate bananas. So, what does the BnB serve for breakfast that morning? Of course: some kind of “bananas foster” oatmeal creation. We both looked at each other like “this is going to be awful” but didn’t want to be rude so we tried it. Strangely, we both loved it.

I still don’t eat bananas, though. I’ll make an exception if I’m ever back at that BnB.

It’s like @JFG was almost run over by a fruit truck as a child.

Watermelon can range from meh to omgwtfbbq!. Summer ripe, on the rind slices, poolside, dash of salt and I could eat half a melon. Pieces in a grocery store fruit salad in January, still edible, but meh.

Freshness can play big role in produce. I still remember a trip to my great uncle’s farm. Picked Silver Queen and peaches (not sure of type), had CoC and homemade peach ice cream. That was some farm to table deliciousness!

1 Like

Bananas taste like sweetened rot. Their texture is worse than that. They are the only food that gives me a gag reflex. I just can’t do them at all no matter how hard I try.

I didn’t think I liked pineapple until I had fresh. Canned pineapple is garbage.

I hate all melons. Well, except one kind IYKWIM.

:iatp:

I like watermelon and cantaloupe, but honeydew is gross. It’s literally the worst part of everything it’s in. It’s like the Jared Leto of fruits.

cantaloupe?

No melons for JFG unless he gets some items off the honeydew list.

1 Like

Why do melons always have big weddings?

Cantaloupe!

1 Like

What. Honeydew is delicious. It’s just that cantaloupe holds up better when on a platter for 10 hours than honeydew does.

Freshly cut from the fruit honeydew blows cantaloupe out of the water.

it’s the texture of bananas that i also don’t like. the taste is fine, thus liking food like banana bread. i don’t dislike bananas like you seem to though, so i make myself eat them cause healthy. i often mix them with other fruit that i do like, mostly various berries.

1 Like

No, all melons are terrible, although cantaloupe is the least terrible. Even the “omg you have to try this watermelon, it’s so ripe and delicious” watermelons taste like watery mush.

Yeah, I have tried. My wife tried to have me do this 2 week diet with her once. The problem was that it involved 2 bananas a day. By the 2nd banana I was gagging every bite just trying to chew it and get it down. It was honestly ridiculous. I felt like a child because I can and do eat almost everything else.

yeah, that’s a complete waste of a diet if you cannot stand the food. it won’t change your long-term habits at all. that’s how I am with mayo. I won’t touch anything that I even suspect contains mayo.

1 Like

High heels don’t look good. They can be okay if they aren’t that high, but when it starts to look like tiptoeing, it just looks dumb.

1 Like

I don’t understand the appeal, especially for women who are already tall.

I think it makes your legs look thin.

I wear heels almost never these days. Heels are incredibly uncomfortable

We really need an RN button at the bottom of posts.

3 Likes

Were you using voice-to-text for that and/or too lazy to proofread?

:wink:

no. i just can’t spell