Yeah, I said it

Bananas rock. Only my son and I like them in our house. All the ladies skeeve them.

I’m the only one who likes peas in the house.

I am the only one who DOESN’T like cheese (with limited exception).

If it helps, watermelon jolly ranchers fast nothing like watermelon.

Tik tok is stupid and actively making it’s users stupider.

4 Likes

Or corn in the husk, soaked in water, and then thrown on the grill. That’s some good eatin’ right there!!! With butter and salt, of course!!! :yum:

1 Like

Try Tajin on COTC.

It has to be super fresh though… ideally picked less than 24 hours before you eat it.

I remember as a kid stopping at a farm on the way home from church Sunday mornings. My mom would buy enough corn for us to have it at both lunch and dinner that day, and you could always tell that the dinner corn was never as sweet as the lunch corn. Because the sugar just turns to starch SO fast in corn. And the sweeter it is the better it tastes.

Watermelon-flavored candy and Jolly Ranchers are both completely awful, so putting them together sounds especially :nauseated_face:.

We used to pick it and eat it right in the field. It’s real sweet then. But it’s still just corn.
About the only thing it’s good for, is a nice square cornbread.

1 Like

I’m actually the other way around. I like bananas and I like pretty much anything that they put actual bananas in. But I don’t like banana flavored things. Banana flavored candy is the worst. I’ll take a banana and whatever smoothie but don’t like a banana flavored snow cone and most banana flavored candies I’ll actually spit out and I’m not usually a very picky eater.

As for watermelon, I have to agree with @BG5150 watermelon Jolly Ranchers are the best.

In the interest of keeping an open mind, I would try a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

Bananas are gross. I hate that they’re often in smoothies, because I don’t want to taste that crap.

1 Like

Yum… that sounds awesome. I’ve had corn that was so sweet and tender that you didn’t need to cook it… you could just eat it raw.

Sacrilege!!!

But I admit I don’t totally get the cornbread controversy. I make it square in a Pyrex dish and I’ve had people gasp and comment that was sacrilege as it has to be made in a round cast-iron skillet. Does it really make that much difference?

I’ve had the skillet kind and didn’t notice it being all that special. :woman_shrugging:

by “like banana flavored things”, I mostly mean things like banana bread or banana bread pudding, which does have actual bananas in them. banana candy is meh to me.

I like Bananas, banana bread, banana cake, banana candy. I like circus peanuts.

I like black licorice. I get upset when I buy a box of Good & Plenty at the Dollar store. The candy is certainly good, but it’s not plentiful enough.

I like watermelon. However, I hate watermelon flavored candy. I especially hate watermelon Jolly Ranchers. Those are just plain ol’ yucky. I’d rather eat corn.

I can handle plain bananas if they aren’t over or under ripe. And in a few other limited circumstances.

But I don’t like bananas in smoothies. My husband sometimes suggests that it would be a good way to use up bananas, but I won’t do it. Or… I’ll make smoothies without bananas, pour mine out of the blender, leaving half behind for him. Add half a banana, blend some more, and that’s his smoothie. (I do this with blueberry muffins too - mix up the batter without blueberries, pour some into muffin tins, then add blueberries for him.)

I was just alluding to the classic joke punchline:

Pie aren’t squared, Pie are round and cornbread is square.

I hadn’t heard the “cornbread are square” piece before so that definitely went :oyh:

1 Like

I do like banana bread if it has ample chocolate chips in it, probably because I can’t taste banana.

I like any kind of banana bread, with or without chocolate chips. Had some strawberry banana bread that was pretty good, bacon banana bread, all banana bread is good.

2 Likes

Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that’s about it.

2 Likes

Heresy! Heresy, i say!