Yeah, I said it

I will eat mustard straight.

A specific style or all types?

Yellow mustard is disgusting. I can handle brown mustards, but not too much.

Yellow mustard. Sorry @soyleche .

The only acceptable way to eat corn on the cob is using the yellow plastic things shaped like ears of corn.

That’s what I used as a kid. Now we have these things you screw into the ends (preferably prior to boiling the corn).

corn is neither a fruit nor a vegetable.

It’s not really enjoyable. If you want to eat butter, just eat butter.

Eating corn on the cob is enjoyable, moreso for the physical sensation than for the taste. Butter (and salt for those who are inclined) or even melted cheese on Mexican street corn add to the flavor and enjoyment, much like people put butter or cheese sauce on steamed broccoli.

2 Likes

Lime on corn on the cob is surprisingly good.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: I haven’t tried that but it sounds awesome.

White corn on the cob with butter and garlic salt is the way to go. Making sure to not overcook it is key.

2 Likes

I assume you have the same feeling about white rice, grits (pretty sure we had that conversation), oatmeal, etc.

I just eat my corn on the cob with a little bit of black pepper. Nothing else.

And all sorts of mustard are good; just some are better than others.

Yellow mustard is way down the list for me, though I do enjoy it on a hot soft pretzel.

I use dijon mustard in place of mayo in tuna salad from time to time.

corn (a grain) is a great vehicle for butter and salt. sign me up by the bushel please.

1 Like

Not controversial (much), but watermelon Jolly Ranchers are by far the best flavour of the entire line.

i absolutely loathe watermelon flavored candy. LOATHE IT

1 Like

I dislike watermelon, and I can’t imagine the candy version being better. Same for banana.

1 Like

You must never have had a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

They are proof that God loves us.

i’m not sure. i just know that i hate watermelon flavored candy in general. do you like other watermelon flavored candy or just jolly rancher?

i used to dislike bananas. now i don’t love them, but i’m trying to eat them more cause i think they are healthy. i always was fine with banana flavored things but didn’t like actual bananas.

watermelon the fruit is fine. hate watermelon flavored candy though.

Imma have to try corn with pepper next time. Sounds interesting.
True story my mothe makes the worst corn on the cob ever. My spouse makes the absolute best corn on the cob ever. They use a time and it’s something like three minutes and done. Not a half hour like mom used to do.