Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #373 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Kenya helped on guess 4 but it was no sure thing. I knew it wasn’t Somalia because they have the bit that ships have to sail around to make them vulnerable to pirates.

1 Like

#Worldle #373 X/6 (92%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:

Couldn’t locate the region until the 4th guess, and my mind’s geography there is “developing.”

#Worldle #374 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

A 2 is always great, but an overage improvement of over 8000 miles per new guess is also very rare.

#Worldle #374 3/6 (100%)
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:

#Worldle #374 1/6 (100%)

1 Like

#Worldle #375 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:

1 Like

#Worldle #375 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:

1 Like

Good job folks. Took me 4 today.Guessed Ethiopia first, so direction sent to SA. I should have guessed Uruguay, because south coast did have the point for Montevideo, which I know is slightly south of Buenos Aires. I wasn’t sure about the north east border, but now the hook of Brazil makes sense. When I said Bolivia next, i let the distance cue override my idea of Paraguay having two lobes. Oh well.

#Worldle #376 X/6 (94%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:

How do they expect us to get places like this when various world countries do not agree where the borders are

I can’t complain since the right answer didn’t occur to me, and I didn’t guess a non-island until guess 5 (TURKEY)

While I did complain about Palestine = Israel (internationally accepted borders) + Gaza + West Bank, this was an insta-get. Crimean peninsula is especially distinctive. The globe I had as a child did have Jammu Kashmir crosshatched in the colors it used for India and Pakistan. It is all political.

#Worldle #376 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

I stayed away from islands because it didn’t look like any island I knew and often islands have little islands off the coast. If it had been one of the Stans, I would have had no hope but Ukraine is pretty famous right now.

#Worldle #377 X/6 (94%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:

I lost this deal. Worst of the 6 guesses was ESTONIA, guess 2, off 1225 miles, but I never got within 500 miles.

i 50/50ed (wrongly) between sweden and albania. I reasoned Sweden didn’t have a round southern area like Finland, more like the v in the picture. The v also meant no to togo/benin.
I missed that Sweden’s west coast is short compared to border, and the picture didn’t show the country’s chief export is chrome. Guessing wise, it might have been better to go albania, since a north direction would say sweden but a south direction would point to africa or sa, despite prior elimination

#Worldle #377 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

#Worldle #378 X/6 (86%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:

I had no freaking idea today. I started in the right general region, but was hellbent that the mainland was a main island.

thought both were islands too. Tried sao tome & principe as a pair, then overshot to wallis and futuna. Split the difference with st Vincent and Grenadines (no idea what they look like). Finally direction from that reminded me of thr Galapagos.

#Worldle #378 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:

1 Like

#Worldle #378 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

I thought of Galapagos as soon as I saw it but for some reason I thought it was just one island (even though it’s called “Islands”).
I have to remember it’s in km not miles. My second guess overshot by about 8,000km

You can change the distance units in settings.

1 Like