Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #368 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Extremely lucky, since I know little about where countries in Africa are, and even less about their shapes. I’ll take it.

2 Likes

square notch in nw makes this an insta-get. Equatorial Guinea is the country in the square notch (it also has a small island)

1 Like

#Worldle #369 X/6 (96%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:

I’ve got to learn: first guesses should always be ones where you have a very good idea where they are. Uncertainty about country 1 led to bad guesses about 2 and 3, neither of which I was that sure of relative location. (GEORGIA, TAJIKISTAN, KAZAKHSTAN. Fortunately I shifted to one I had a better feel for KUWAIT, but still missed on 5 and 6. Maybe I would have gotten it on 7, maybe not. When I saw the “Oh No”, my reaction was the usual “See what it was” not “Then it must have been…”

#Worldle #369 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:

2 coasts. First thought was central america, possibly Costa Rica. But i couldn’t account for the straight line borders, especially in the south. After a while realized Saudi Arabia fit the bill due to red sea coast, yemen, oman, uae wrapping the south/east, then persian gulf and kuwait straight line the northeastern border. Don’t know why Bahrain isn’t a neighbor

#Worldle #370 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:

After starting in the wrong part of the world, all guesses were within 1000 miles. Some days the majority are not within 1000. Occasionally even guess 6 has not been within 1000.

#Worldle #370 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:

Doing Redactle a few days ago helped

post guess analysis on Suriname the other day made this an insta-get

#Worldle #370 X/6 (98%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:

Apparently I have European blindspots.
Heck I have blindspots everywhere on the planet!

#Worldle #371 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:

#Worldle #371 X/6 (96%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

:swear: I came close to guessing it as early as 5, but I thought it (the right country) had to be north of where I wanted. Hence guess 5, even though I thought shape was wrong. Distance of 5 off less than 1000, so not absurd for location, even though 4 had been closer and I hated the shape of 5. Still wrong idea about where the answer was, so guessed something I expected would be too far east, and it was, over 2000 miles too far east. Maybe tomorrow.

#Worldle #371 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:

I didn’t think I would get it, even after the 5th guess which was within 658km.

1 Like

Cluster of islands on lower left was memorable from when it was a neighbor. Was surprised it had coast to north, I actually pictured it as connected to the Malay peninsula.

#Worldle #372 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:

Should I be embarrassed? Right answer was the first island (or half-island) I guessed.

No, you shouldn’t be embarrassed. other rules of worldle include size variance and regional variance day to day. i was unsure about sea border until the island on the southeast. Figured either 1/2 island or peninsula. Couldn’t think of any eastern peninsulas (arabian peninsula eastern edge has countries with straight line interiors, and not somalia). Island candidates DR, Papua NG, Timor L’este. PNG has a straight line western border. I thought TL was oriented sw ne slightly (70ish on the compass). My wife’s home parish has a twin parish in Haiti, and has a carved map of Haiti on the wall that I used to look at when the kids were unruly and needed to go outside the sanctuary. I knew the border with DR wasn’t straight, but the particulars didn’t stand out.

#Worldle #372 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

#Worldle #372 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::arrow_right:

True, except for some personal reasons. I’ve vacationed there several times, and have booked a trip there before the end of March.

#Worldle #373 X/6 (96%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:

Today was tricky. Two coasts, but one turns out to be a lake. East coast if oceanwise not NA/Aus/Europe/SA easiest to eliminate. Asia too (not SKorea or Vietnam.), leaves Africa. NE border between Kenya and Tanzania fits the pic, definitely not Somalia or Mozambique. Then remembering lakes on the west confirmed it. None of the Caucus countries between Caspian and Black Seas border both seas.

1 Like