Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #379 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

#Worldle #379 1/6 (100%)

I’ve been to one of the islands and I knew the islands were to the north

2 Likes

#Worldle #380 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:

When I saw the map, I felt good about solving it, even though 4 countries came to mind and it wasn’t sure to be one of those. Still, between the starting point and whatever directional / distance clues I got, promising. Even after the directional/distance clues for guess 1, I wasn’t confident guess 2 would be it.

1 Like

#Worldle #380 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:

#Worldle #381 X/6 (90%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:

Not unexpected.

The protrusion to the east is quite distinctive. This is another one that was in political transition on my childhood globe.

I thought the general shape and eastern border were quite revealing, even though the protrusion added no value to me. Unfortunately, knowing pretty well where it was didn’t help me with what its name was. Unfortunately, many other countries in Africa I have little idea where in Africa they are. So all 6 guesses were in Africa, none within 1000 miles. Only guess 3 (off 1140) was within 2000.

Yeah, knowing where a picture is on the map isn’t the same as knowing the name.

#Worldle #381 1/6 (100%)

They filmed Mad Max Fury Road here and I knew it was west of South Africa

1 Like

#Worldle #382 6/6 (100%)

Thought I wasn’t going to get this one despite being close in all guesses!

1 Like

#Worldle #382 1/6 (100%)

Currently listening to the History of Byzantium (modern-day Turkey and Greece) so the map looked familiar

1 Like

i think it is an optical illusion that when i see the country in isolation, the width/height ratio looks so much larger than when the Arabian peninsula is included and it appears to be more square. Sea of Marmara in NW corner clinched it.

#Worldle #382 X/6 (92%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

Had a pretty strong clue I wasn’t going to get this one, when only 1 of my first 5 was within 1000 miles, even though I had it somewhat straddled to the east and west.

I listen to lots of audiobooks, mostly fiction, but none of them had illustrations in the audiobook.

2 Likes

Hah. In this one he often recommends the listener to look at the maps on the website. I finally did a couple of days ago.

#Worldle #383 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

Did not feel good about this one, even right before the successful guess 3.

2 Likes

#Worldle #383 X/6 (94%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:

I was sweating this one. Likely small island, but not 100% on all borders. American Samoa was first guess, knew it was a single (Samoa is not) and has the nw se orientation. Direction and distance said Caribbean (el salvador does have a sw coast, but top corner seemed off). I needed a single island with nw se axis, so guessed leeward islands were best candidates, chose montserrat for 2nd guess. Direction and distance meant one of the abc’s (Aruba Bonaire Curacao), aruba was on list

#Worldle #384 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:

1 Like

Bottom was hard to judge if it was coastline. 5050ed between coreect answer and Rwanda, which shares a southern border with Burundi that i am not sure what it looks like and Cote d’Ivoire, which has a coast with that orientaion.
Ghana is more rectangular, so it was out.