Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #384 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Fairly routine By guess 4, had a good general idea of location: west Africa, likely coastal. Also, little idea about country names in that part of the continent. Or in most parts of Africa

I started with North Korea and it had a due west sign so I thought Poland in Northern Europe. The sign should have been west south west but I don’t think that’s an option.
My third guess was Tunisia and then I realized “I only have 3 guesses to guess a country in Western Africa. Gulp!”
I got lucky on guess 6, especially since I thought that the coast line was on the west and I also thought Côte d’Ivoire had a coast on the west. Two wrongs make a right?

Almost exactly the same with me, except that I got it on guess 4 and until I saw your post, I still didn’t realize the coastline was NOT on the west and that Côte d’Ivoire did NOT have a coast on the west

Still, after looking at a map of Africa, thinking of it as on the west coast of Africa still seems close enough to me. Thinking that Côte d’Ivoire has a coast on the west no longer seems close to reality, but something I won’t remember very long.

1 Like

#Worldle #385 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:

After guess 2 (off about 300 miles) I expected I would solve it within 6.

2 Likes

#Worldle #385 1/6 (100%)

1 Like

With that first guess result, I’d be even more confident of a successful solve day.

It looked familiar from just looking at maps over the years. I wasn’t sure which Scandinavian country it was so I started from the western most

The mnemonic I used for which of the upper three is which is Not So Fast

1 Like

#Worldle #386 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

Yeesh, what’s the deal with that first guess?.. ###Y3M3N###.

1 Like

well, that’s not a terrible frst guess. It does have a southern coast, and it is wider than tall. Orientation is sw ne unlike picture though, and has more of a sw lump than picture, and northern border with sa is more straight line

1 Like

#Worldle #386 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

Got lucky by guessing Costa Rica at first. I had a feeling it might be one of the smaller Central American countries judging by the width of the inlet at the bottom. I’ve been to Belize and I didn’t think that was it.

1 Like

#Worldle #386 X/6 (98%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:

After guess 1, all guesses were within 500 miles, all but one within 300. Alas, ran out of guesses before ran out of countries in the region.

#Worldle #387 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:

#Worldle #387 X/6 (93%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:

JudgeSmails and I averaged a success (rounded up) after 4 guesses. I got within 1000 miles twice, but not on guess 6.

1 Like

#Worldle #387 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:

I was dreading that it was one of the Stans (I tried Afghanistan). I need to study them a bit.

I know the feeling. Afghanistan was my second guess, and was the closest in distance of all my guesses. Guess 6, when things were desperate, was Kazakhstan. I need to study a lot more than the stans.

1 Like

This is one of the ones the news has made instant recognition for me. Confirm with the Caspian divot in the north, and the smaller divot from the straight of hormuz/entrance to persian gulf in the south.

Some help with the stans: Turkomen are an ethnic group close to Iran (and Turkey is to the west of Iran too), while Tajiks are in the northern area of Afghanistan, so Turkmenistan is west and Tajikistan is to east.

1 Like

#Worldle #388 X/6 (97%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:

Not surprised. Guess #4 was within 500 miles. No others were.

#Worldle #388 X/6 (93%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:

My first guess was Poland so I thought the answer was a long way east of Nigeria. I was wrong.

Southern coastline (points to west Africa - Pakistan’s NW border is a swne arc from Afghanistan), with bend and nw/se general trend (Cote d’Ivoire - more square than Ghana, Togo/Benin too skinny - is flatter and tends swne). Western border pretty N/S, roughly square. If one wasn’t convinced south was a coastline, Poland is similar, but Russian exclave in ne is more of a straight line border.