Women's Soccer

OK, so trying to figure out when the USWNT matches will be on…
Wiki says the first two matches start at 13:00 local time (NZ), which is UTC+12.
I know I’m 8 hours west of London (UTC-8), BUT, London is currently on UTC+1 (I am on UTC-7), so the matches are on 11 hours, plus 8 hours ahead, equals 19 hours, OR negative One Day + five hours. So, 13:00 would be 18:00 my time the day before, or 6PM? That’s not bad at all!

Last match is at 19:00 UTC+12, so Midnight my time. No worries. I can watch it the day after.

My schedule is showing a lot of matches I want to see in the middle of the night Pacific time. Not going to be watching much in real time.

Unfortunately for you, you’re on east pacific time and not west pacific time.

1 Like

Rodman’s goal 1 was nice team play, and #2 was a pretty strike.

I don’t recall this happening (perhaps I did not watch), but this is a great story.

FIFA chooses the wrong country, again, to stage a World Cup.

Maybe they could have a screen projecting from every seat like they did for the NBA COVID lockdown season. That way you can project each of the 100 people watching remotely 200 times so it looks like a big crowd.

Maybe the kiwis should have offered doubleheaders with a rugby match following the soccer match?

I assumed ticket sales in Australia would be high as Australia has a good soccer team. The matches I went to here in Vancouver for 2015 Womens World Cup were sellouts and I would love to see the tournament return

1 Like

Nice article about USA Referees for the WWC.

Interesting that Australia is reneging on hosting the 2026 Commonwealth Games. Just hoping that Canada doesn’t step up to host them as they really are an expensive anachronism and there is little interest in them these days.

Watch this. Really cool ad. Super Bowl quality. It’s for the Women’s World Cup.

6 Likes

This ad is brilliant both in concept and technically.

2 Likes

That was awesome!

Les Bleues!

Yeah, they were only really interesting when there was nothing on between the Olympics. Then, in the 1980/90s, the World Athletic Championships and World Swimming Championships started up. There’s so much on the world’s sporting calendar now that spending $7b on something that most people in the Commonwealth have little interest in makes no sense.

1 Like

No clear Group of Death here? Most Groups have two strong teams with a significant drop-off to the third and fourth teams.

Canada’s Group is as tough as any as Australia is a top 10 team playing in front of a loud home crowd, Canada is top 10 and Nigeria is usually tough. Ireland is also no pushover and could provide an upset. I think Canada and Australia will prevail but wouldn’t be surprised if Australia wins the Group despite being ranked lower. Interesting that all the teams in this Group are from current or former Commonwealth countries.

Ireland in the Commonwealth?

Used to be.

these are literally fighting words, right?

Yeah. I better edit my original post