Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

LOL, Mr Arthritis.

I got a rock.

2 Likes

I hate going to Walmart. I don’t much like shopping for groceries or necessities at all. But Walmart is the worst. SO does most of the household shopping.

If I need something specific, I’ll order it on Amazon. If I need a multiple or big stuff, Costco on a Tuesday is bearable. Beyond that, I add it to his list or decide I don’t really need it. :joy:

There are lots of non-Walmart grocery stores near me. We do almost all of our grocery shopping at dedicated grocery stores. I’m a little surprised to learn that Walmart has succeeded in monopolizing the grocery industry in so many places.

They are not a major vaccine distributor near me: the federal vaccines are coming through CVS and Walgreens, and the other two large suppliers are state-run sites and hospitals. Although my BIL did score an appointment at the pharmacy of his local supermarket.

Walmart does seem to have a strategy of “gotta buy em all”.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to check. That was my suspicion too, but I was too lazy to verify.

Yeah, I wondered why everyone is talking pro/con about the vaccine passports. I thought they would just have a device that would scan you for the microchips implanted with the vaccine.

2 Likes

Wife & I got my vaccine at the beach. Never had to leave the car, just choose the arm near the window. Pfizer.

The shot itself was less than I expected. Feeling tired, but no side effects 3+ hours later

2 Likes

Yes. True story.

Might be a coincidence, but I like to think not.

If they aim for your thigh, just do this:

sfw, if not for your brain

My Pfizer side effects took about 12-18 hours to come on, for whatever that’s worth.

yeah, I think for most people the side effects are the next day. My arm hurt more the next day. nothing the day of the vaccine.

Fair enough. But unless I missed it, they haven’t publicly condemned the legislation either.

1 Like

A little over 6 hours since my second. Chills, sore throat, headache, tired, and watching my temp increase very gradually. The sore throat could be allergies and the tiredness could be bc I didn’t sleep well last night and bc I ran a bunch of errands and took a 3 mile walk, the longest since I had Covid. I need to change into the pj’s I’ll probably be wearing all day tomorrow.

2 Likes

Just scheduled my first appt

3 Likes

hitting F5 over and over again was like exams

2 Likes

nada, literally nothing

My first dose of Pfizer was received at around 9am. By 2pm I was showing a lot of the symptoms of a mild virus. Next day I had a bit of a temperature and chills but was otherwise fine. Second day after, I just had an achy arm. All-in-all, not pleasant, but not horrible and definitely better than risking ending up on a vent due to COVID.

I got my second jab at 830am this morning. It’s approaching 130. Aside from an achy arm, I’m not feeling anything other than what can be explained by having done some outside chores for a couple of hours. (I have comorbidities that make the effects of outdoor chores nontrivial, but even so…)

Here’s hoping I get lucky with this dose. Just the same, I’m in comfy clothes, in a comfy chair, and am planning to do nothing more than binge-watch something for the rest of the day. The vaccinator said that they’re suggesting making an extra effort to stay hydrated, and I got instructions on how to handle injection site swelling.

Oh…and this time, they had stickers at the clinic. (My wife also got a sticker when she got her first dose last week.)

3 Likes

Interesting you had chills and a low fever after the first dose. Is there a chance you previously had COVID? If you have less symptoms with the second than the first, I’d wonder.

My sister had COVID back in September or something. No one else in my family had it, fortunately, even though she still lives with my parents (and two brothers at the time).

Well, my mom got Moderna and had a really miserable time with the second dose. But my dad got Pfizer and had more of a response (still quite minimal) to the first and nothing at all to the second. I suspect because of that he really did catch COVID and was asymptomatic. My mom had gotten tested back in September because it was required for her job, but my dad never did since mom’s came back negative.

Anyway, it’s interesting piecing it all together.

yeah, was wondering this too. it seems pretty consistent that first dose is worse than the 2nd for those who had covid, and other way around for those who didn’t. there are always those freaks who don’t react to either dose, but they seem to be in the category of never had covid.