Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

My family has all had at least one shot and both my parents have had both. We were able to have a lovely get together this past weekend. :heart:

1 Like

They fill up within minutes.

I just looked at both the MA government website and vaccinespotter.org in MA and BOTH have nothing. that’s so bizarre! What’s different about MA than NY?

most random times a day I can find something at javits here. might be in may, but if I refresh enough I get april too.

now I see why Mountainhawk is willing to drive hundreds of miles. MA is not normal.

oh, I see with the mass vaccination sites in MA you have to pre-register. that’s why it might show nothing with those. you don’t pre-register in new york. you just sign up when you see something open, which kinda like cause i’m an expert refresher.

1 Like

Yes, a relative of a relative is digging heels in on this rationale. The Pope is not Catholic enough for this person and the Pope saying that it’s OK for Catholics to get any of the approved vaccines doesn’t mean that God is OK with it.

Death is a small price to pay compared to eternal damnation.

I think J&J is loosely made from aborted fetus cells, but it’s aborted fetus cells from the 1970’s and 1980’s that were forever regenerated with science. if some aborted fetus cells from over 40 years ago is more important to these people than living breathing humans right now, I question their morals.

1 Like

well, it looks like MA is slightly ahead of NY in
% population with at least one dose
% population fully vaccinated
% vaccine delivered to the state that’s been adminstered
COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: How Many People Have Been Vaccinated In The U.S.? : Shots - Health News : NPR

So maybe it’s differences in how you sign up, or maybe it’s higher demand.

Yeah the preregister method probably works fine. The refresh method is more fun to me

yeah, they use a cell line from a fetus aborted in 1985 to grow the virus that’s turned into vaccine, I think. Apparently the RNA vaccines were tested on fetal cells early in development, too.

Fact Check-Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine does not contain aborted fetal cells | Reuters

The Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines used fetal cell lines in their testing stages. Johnson & Johnson used a human fetal cell line called PER.C6, developed from the retinal cells of an 18-week-old fetus aborted in 1985 in its production and manufacturing stages.

As you might imagine, there is no fetal tissue in the final product. And I think it’s pretty clear that no babies were killed to make these vaccines.

Wait wait… wait…

I thought the aborted fetus thing was a joke. TIL.

My observation is hospitals and state or county events follow priority while retail let’s anyone eligible sign up, so if MA sends more to mass events or hospitals the free for all appointments are harder to find.

No, it was a big deal. The Pope had to literally give Catholics dispensation* to get vaccinated. Definitely not a joke.

*I’m not sure of the exact theology here… “dispensation” probably isn’t the right word. But a lot of devout Catholics were saying they weren’t going to get vaccinated over the aborted fetus issue. It was significant when the Pope reassured that it was OK for Catholics to get it.

Obviously a lot of Catholics would’ve gotten it anyway, just as many use birth control anyway. But enough were planning to hold out that the Pope felt it appropriate and necessary to weigh in.

How would that be a joke?

It’s like somebody thought of the most ridiculous ingredient they could think of to troll anti-vaxxers. “We can’t use vaccines, there are dead babies in there!”

1 Like

You have a very odd sense of humor, Miss Kapowski.

Just confirmed with the pharmacy, getting my second dose of Moderna on Saturday.

3 Likes

Dead baby jokes are totally a thing, I’m sure I’m not making this stuff up.

1 Like

oh, so it’s exactly ONE fetus aborted in 1985? i assumed it was a fetus posse. one fetus is what they are all uppity about?

I hung out with a group of guys in high school/college in the mid-aughts who thought dead baby jokes were hilarious. I haven’t heard many in a while, though, thankfully.

Well, you see, it’s wrong to gain from the result of a past sin. Like, say, using fetus cells for scientific study or electing a business conman and sexual assaulter to the white house to advance a religious agenda.

3 Likes