Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I expect any day now we’ll be hearing about the importance of reparations, as many evangelicals have benefitted from the inherited wealth and status resulting from slave labor.

1 Like

I feel there are so many roads we could go down with this, especially if we future people can’t gain from the result of anyone’s past sin. There was a whole lot of sin going round to clear away the native peoples who lived in the area around my house, for example…

I fully agree with you. The church has perpetuated plenty of sins and continues to profit from them. I don’t know why (well, I do know why) this single issue is where the line is drawn.

Maybe there’s a complex statute of limitations

Sure, if that complexity is “to the extent it aligns with our agenda.”

2 Likes

As a 14 year old I thought they were hilarious too. Teenagers are dumb.

1 Like

that the line is one fetus from 1985 is so bizarre.

1 Like

The line is really sexism, but we have fun here

1 Like

Age old debate. If the experiments the Nazi’s did during the Holocaust could lead to a cause for cancer, is it immoral to use that research? It is a tough debate and not looking to hijack the thread.

My youngest just got her appointment, will be vaccinated before me

it’s unfortunate that happened, but if it can help cancer patients, they should use it. talking as a jew here.

i can’t compare that to an aborted fetus though since i’m pro-choice and think that was fine to do in the first place.

2 Likes

Yes, super complicated, definitely agree. And definitely worthy of a new thread if someone not as lazy as myself wants to start one.

I dunno about the Nazis, but there was some real research that the Japanese did that involved torturing prisoners. And that remains some basic research that people refer to.

It was wrong. But ignoring the data is also wrong.

1 Like

Yup.
There is so much hypocrisy, idiocy and dishonesty to mock wrt to organized religions that hearing some dolt act like the one aborted fetus contributing the vaccines morally wrong really is barely a joke worth laughing at.

Nazis caused cancer, too!!!
Maybe now the evangelicals will stop supporting them.

Okay, no more thread jack.

Didn’t a lot of the inhumane experiments the Nazis did contribute a lot to psychological and medical advancements?

I wonder how much you can trust the integrity of the data. Like a fundamental part of science is repeatability which is obviously an issue.

let’s take this out of the vaccine discussion. Patience started a new topic, here:

1 Like

hfbb.

1 Like

To be fair, the pope has endorsed the use of all these vaccines. I think this is more a case of people who already didn’t want to take a vaccine looking for excuses to support that position than a well-reasoned moral argument against taking them.

4 Likes