Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Wow I totally went to bed thinking I’d guessed the date exactly right. Huh. Anyway, I think it’s going to be hard AF to get an appt in April in the Seattle area. I was thinking just the other day “I hear Garfield County is real nice. I should visit some day.”

1 Like

I definitely have friends that have ventured into Trump country in Eastern Washington to get excess vaccines at large clinics.

Uptake has not been as high over there

Based on looking at vaccinespotter, it seems to be getting easier to find appointments around my city, Several times I have checked today and pharmacies had appointments available. They still tend to go pretty quickly, but it is more like an hour long window rather than just a few minutes. Also, the drive to Trump country and get one any time you want radius is really down to about an hour from the suburbs. We are now in the phase where almost everyone is eligible. I doubt anyone who wants a vaccine will be waiting even until May 1.

2 Likes

just saw a place 11 miles from campbell where she could get a J&J appointment for april 7.

since I already got mine, others are my project now.

6 Likes

I gotta say that I absolutely love how we are all taking care of each other like this. This is a fantastic mentality that restores my faith in humanity (at least a little).

Not just you & Campbell, but family, friends, Facebook acquaintances, Nextdoor folks.

I spent probably 20 minutes a few days ago researching where a HS classmate could get vaccinated near her. She seemed on the fence about getting vaccinated at all, and not wanting to cope with the hassle. After I told her where they had appointments available, she booked one and got her first dose already. Win!

And I certainly followed loads of advice from others when booking my own appointment and hubby’s.

2 Likes

I am on a facebook group for my city and there are numerous people that will take dozens of names throughout the day and book them appointments at midnight when appointments show up. It’s really great to see.

3 Likes

Wow! Even though WA just opened up into the next phase, there are Walmarts and Rite Aids in Eastern WA with dozens of available appointments. I spy a Podunk Walmart 3 hours away offering the J&J shot. April 15, I’ll be first in line. Yes, I am going to pre-book.

3 Likes

Smart move.
It is going to be crazy

I spent about half an hour a few weeks ago trying to find my boss and his SO spots, and it worked out, and it felt really nice to be invested like that. I was worried I wouldn’t have that close camaraderie with coworkers in this setting, but it seems like we’re good.

3 Likes

I helped a two coworkers & one of their fiance in getting shots down in Chicago.
That was fun.

2 Likes

I think we can answer the question in the thread title now. Overwhelmingly, Yes!

3 Likes

Trivia: 1.3m people in Connecticut became eligible today…and 100k appointments had been booked by the time of the Governor’s press conference in the evening.

Halfway through scheduling one before it got snagged. First time I’ve seen one pop up near me. Getting closer!

2 Likes

Thanks to @ao_fan I’ve got an appointment tomorrow!

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

12 Likes

some of the sites hold it for you to fill out once you click. others, just have to be fast.

also it seems like some only schedule a week in advance. they put all their appointments up for the upcoming week starting the next day at once. others book over a month in advance, but also have random appointments that pop up for the coming week too. i suspect the ones that book over a month in advance often have cancellations when someone finds something better. just have to diligently refresh constantly and it’s really not that difficult to get something.

I spent a couple hours looking this morning and snagged myself a Pfizer appointment on Tuesday and my wife one on Monday.

A mass vaccination J&J one opened up 5,000 spots by me earlier this morning that helped pull away some demand allowing me to get my preferred two-dose shot. Only 15 minutes from my house as well.

6 Likes

There are now plenty of appointments that can be scheduled online at pharmacies all across the city.

Generally seems to be the case in most areas with some notable exceptions being MA, MN, and anywhere around DC or Chicago… Maybe a few others.

A week ago when I scheduled my first shot, it took a little effort to get it scheduled then in my area. Vaccine spotter was red unless you wanted to drive a few hours to the po, and even refreshing vaccine spotter a lot it took me a while to land an appointment. Now there are green spots all over the metro.

Just got my 2nd shot of Moderna. In and out of the CVS in about 30 minutes. Fingers crossed for mild side effects.

2 Likes

It’s a bit troubling looking at vaccinespotter at the states that have opened up to anyone getting the vaccine that they have so many green dots given we are only 30% of the way there.