Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

To answer the title question:
I’ll probably get the vaccine as soon as my wife makes an appointment for me. 'cause I heard that’s the most difficult thing about getting vaccinated. And I like to keep my life easy. And she wants me to have it more than I do, so that’s what she gets.

I wonder – can I get a vaccine in CT?

Right now, the map is showing me the closest NY appointments in the Bronx, but Danbury is far closer for me…

well, this might slow things down a bit. dumbasses

Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine doses ruined by mistake: report (nypost.com)

It’s still hard to get here. None of my younger friends have gotten it (most aren’t yet eligible) and older friends who have mostly did by logging on at weird hours and hitting “refresh” continually to find something.

Officially, you have to live or work in CT to be eligible to get a vaccine in CT.

I don’t know to what extent they validate claims of “work in CT”. I have heard of examples of out-of-state folks getting vaccinated, and of out-of-state folks being turned away when they showed for their appointments.

My brother lives in NY, but lives just across the connecticut border. He was eligible by CT rules weeks before he was by NY rules, and called to see if he could get vaccinated there. He was told “no, we want to see your CT driver’s license.”

I think in NY you can either live or work here to get the vaccine, and I’m not sure they really check. I heard that there was complaining about people outside of NY coming here for the vaccine.

doesn’t your employer reside in CT? if so, it looks like you can. otherwise, probably not, and they might ask for proof.

also the connecticut eligibility rules doesn’t look like they prioritize comorbitities at all. it’s certain very specific jobs and now people over 45.

It’s now effectively everyone aged 16+. The state’s VAMS system dropped the 45+ restriction during the day today. (The official announcements have been saying the final eligibility wave would start tomorrow.)

ah, well, then, that might make it more difficult to even get an appointment in connecticut anyway. we drop the eligibility to everyone next week.

Technically, there are still 2 more phases before all adults. But, realistically. WA will open up to the gen pop next phase, my prediction, April 16th. I have heard from 2 coworkers who have regular meetings with the DOH that they expect it well before May 1.

Wow

I honestly thought this was the last priority tier.
Wowzers.

I guess it will be like MN where the final tiers are added with like a few day window each.

There still might be an hour or two before the registration systems in CT get slammed.

When I became eligible, I got a heads up from Reddit when the system started taking names for the queue the day before my wave started. So I checked the system off and on starting this morning, and put my wife’s name in once I saw that the system would accept it.

I was shocked around 4pm when the email came back that she was invited to sign up. She was actually offered an appointment for this evening, but there was no way we could get there in time.

:flushed:

what? considering a career change? it’s tempting…

it sounds incredibly high for not very hard work. that’s what i heard though.

This.

I just found a whole bunch of appointments within 20 miles of campbell. I sure hope she’s like up at 2am.

2 Likes

My good friend is not very IT savvy. I set up a Walgreens account for her and stalked the Twitter feed to snag her an appointment. Then texted her and said: I’m picking you up Wednesday at 10am. You’re getting Pfizer :joy:

3 Likes

I will claim that my guess was slightly more accurate. :wink:

WA is opening to all 16+ on 4/15.

Wouldn’t mid-April also mean 4/16? At least, if you were putting a spot estimate on it.

That would be the point at which half the month was not open and half the month was.

If you’re giving it to yourself because you define mid-April as a range then you were always vastly more likely to get it. :wink:

1 Like