Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I booked my appointment a little after midnight for the following morning. As people drop appointments new ones open up.

Also, if you’re willing to drive there’s often more availability in rural areas.

1 Like

Is it much effort to have your scale record and store the data? This is really cool.

A practical solution for those who want to monitor their health!

Just wait till you hear about how they plan to measure your bone density!

3 Likes

My wife and I got our second dose yesterday in PA. There were many people involved in the process with nametags identifying them as volunteers. There were far fewer such tags 3 weeks ago (nametags yes, not labeled “Volunteer”), but the process and staffing were very similar, so many of those workers the first time may have been unidentified volunteers. Paid or volunteer, the process was very well done, IMO.

2 Likes

Near me, CVS opens up new appointments early Thursday morning. The exact time varies, but I’ve heard it’s often ~4am. That might be worth your checking.

I also found that a lot of larger sites have their own waiting lists for “extras”, and aren’t coordinating with any of the “consolidated” lists, so it might be worth calling around to see if you can get on local lists. That’s how I jumped the queue.

I guess I never followed up with my first dose symptoms. Never got any other than mild injection site soreness.

I think I wrote “extremely mild” originally, but after the fact I think I’d drop the “extremely” and just leave it at “mild”.

More worried about my second dose.

This was the Pfizer vaccine.

I found it reassuring that my arm was sore after the injection. And that it wasn’t sore right away, but developed low-grade pain hours later. I’m happy to know I had an immune response, and that I was injected with something that triggered it.

I think there are people who develop good immunity without any real injection symptoms, but it’s still nice to have some evidence something is going on.

4 Likes

I also had some arm pain, but I wouldn’t consider it significantly worse than the pain I get from the flu shot. It lasted about 24 hours. No other symptoms from the first dose. I got Pfizer.

1 Like

Agree, my arm is definitely sore right now, but it doesn’t feel any different than the flu shot, or the tetanus booster I got not that long ago.

1 Like

Ninja’d so hard.

Not that I remember - it’s a one time app sign-up where you give it your name and height, after that the scale generally recognizes which person you are.

It actually confused Oddie with me once since our weight is very close (within pounds), despite his… advanced height. I deleted that data point.

maybe you got a placebo!

My wife obsessively checks her weight so I got her a smart scale but I think she mentioned she has to have her phone on her when she does it? Although I could see getting in the routine of it for the fun of being able to analyze my own data, I don’t normally weigh myself very often but that would probably be enticing enough.

We have the same scale. Mr. NA has dropped a lot of weight in the last month and is currently within 5 pounds of me (not a fan), and the scale now asks me every time I weigh myself which one of us it is. I have to stand on my left foot only for it to assign the data point to me.

Before I learned this, I leaned down the wrong way to see what it was asking and assigned it to Mr. NA once. I was embarrassed and made him give me his phone so I could delete it before he could see.

So now I’m sabotaging him, adding butter to his coffee, tube-feeding him carbs at night, the usual stuff. If I can’t have Kevin James, I’ll at least have his stunt double.

4 Likes

Yeah no phone requirement for the one NA and I are using, it’s pretty legit.

Sorry if you said it above, but would you mind repeating which one it is? Kinda tempted to order it rn :laughing:

Lol, I did not know it did this (Oddie didn’t create a profile, so it’s just like yup that must be her).

The last couple of times I got the tetanus booster I was pretty sick afterwards. I’ve never had more than a little arm pain from a flu shot, though.

I think I said Nokia Withings Body +, but it appears I have the cardio version: https://www.amazon.com/Withings-Nokia-Body-Cardio-Composition/dp/B07965Y43Q?th=1

I am not sure it is much different than the Body+ though (looks cheaper):

1 Like