Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Pfizer on Sunday.
Arm was achy yesterday
But feels fine today.

Let’s see what I am saying in four weeks.
(I think Walgreens jn MN is scheduling 2nd shots at four weeks for both mRNA vaccines.)

1 Like

Looks like the cardio one additionally tells you heart rate

1 Like

Hmmmm that might explain why I felt sick after I went to the hospital when I broke my elbow and they decided to give me a tetanus shot. I thought it was the broken arm making me sick. Probably was the tetanus shot

That’s one of the daily goals I set for myself each morning.

1 Like

TIL I didn’t have to tell anyone I was fat

North Carolina’s COVID-19 Vaccine Management System (CVMS) identifies all [my current employer] employees as essential IT workers in Group 4

That’s good, so long as you don’t mean “because it’s so obvious”. Alas, for me it is so obvious.

1 Like

I am honestly not sure if people look at me and see a fat person, and it would be really hard to get a real answer from people (other than my kids, who were surprised to see a skinny picture of me from high school, and recoiled in horror at the current breakout of my face).

At the drive-thru site I went to, as well as the one near my kid’s college, they use volunteers. Kid in college looked into volunteering since they would get the vaccine, but shifts conflicted with classes.

1 Like

Me, too, bud.

In any case, I’m in NY, and definitely older than 30.

Well, if I were willing to go to New Jersey or the Bronx to get the vaccine, I could get an appointment.

Nothing available within a reasonable range… I can wait.

When I’m eligible, I’m setting the entire state as my reasonable range. I’m going to pretend I’m a consultant signing a P&C SAO — widest reasonable range conceivable seems good.

6 Likes

I have a friend whose roommate is really hung up on having to swear to be obese. Not because he isn’t obese, but because he’s uncomfortable having to say it so formally.

My friend, also obese (and with type 1 diabetes, which TIL doesn’t count as an official risk factor), says he has no such concerns. “I was obese 70 pounds ago. And I think I should qualify for other reasons anyway.”

3 Likes

I didn’t have to swear to be obese, but no one asked me about my high blood pressure either. Yeah, I’m fat.

I don’t know if our vaccine people are mostly paid or mostly volunteers. I know my dentist is volunteering some of her Saturdays to give vaccines.

I hope those looking for appointments are able to schedule something soon.

At javits people who administer vaccines get paid $75 an hour. They also get fed like 3 meals and they pay for their parking. It is a nice gig.

1 Like

This is a question I also do not want the answer to. I know people look at me and don’t see a skinny person, but I wonder if people look at me and think, oh yeah, she’s def obese.

(I’m 20 pounds lighter than I was when you met me, but I also don’t want you to answer that question regardless!)

You’re beautiful. Full stop.

Well, thank you, now I feel very uncomfortable; was not fishing for a compliment. But, thank you all the same.

I think you are also a very attractive woman. I didn’t see you and think a fat person, for whatever that’s worth, and I don’t think others would, either. I think you wear yourself very well.

1 Like

Good news on people willing to get the vaccine.

“Yes” has gone up 23% since December. “Maybe” has gone down 18%. “No” is holding fairly strong and only dipped 5%.

More And More Americans Say They’ll Get Vaccinated — But It’s Still Unclear Just How Many Will | FiveThirtyEight

2 Likes

Daughter in Indy saw they had appointments in Terre Haute on Friday and is now scheduled to get first shot. Sounds like if you’re in Indiana and don’t mind driving a bit, shots can be found. They must have opened it to all ages there as well otherwise she wouldn’t qualify.

Though that does highlight some of the problem with the vaccine distribution is not everyone can be so mobile or flexible.

1 Like

If you’re having trouble finding a shot and able to travel, look in Trump country.

1 Like