Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Just got Modena dose #2

Hoping for no side effects.

6 Likes

Yeah I read a similar article just to be sure after mr aj’s reaction. There is an actual stidy, but I didn’t look at it.

Holy crap, that’s pretty bad.

This article says Virginia… hoping that’s what you were thinking of and there aren’t two separate instances!

Oh. I see “Kroger,” I think “Ohio.” My bad.

1 Like

I see “Kroger,” I think “Can’t social distance–too much stupid ass displays in the aisles”

I had Covid at the beginning of January and was over all symptoms by mid-Jan. And I’ve heard they suggest you not get the vaccine for 90 after you have recovered. So that puts me mid-April before I would be getting it anyway. But I’m going to continue following studies on how long recovered immunity seems to last. I’m also giving blood tomorrow so I’ll see how the antibody testing comes out. I’ll probably give again before I consider getting the vaccine anyway.

I currently qualify based on the age rules.

I still don’t qualify, but a bunch of friends now do since they broadened the eligibility.

3 Likes

Well they are an Ohio company but they have Kroger-branded stores in a bunch of states and stores with other names all over the world (or at least North America & Europe anyway).

that is horrifying. i wonder how they figured it out and if there are other places that did the same, but didn’t figure it out.

Agree

I’ve heard the stories told about strong side effects for dose #2, but there are many stories untold about limited to no side effects for dose #2 for those that never had covid. Good luck, every extra vaccinated person benefits society.

Ohio opening up to 40+, obesity, cancer starting Friday. Two weeks after that, it will be open to anyone 16+.

not sure i’m comprehending, so anyone 40+ can get the vaccine? if so, nice.

Yes, anyone 40+. Additionally, anyone under 40 with cancer or obesity (or other conditions that were also previously eligible in earlier phases).

1 Like

very nice, so mr na can go get it now?

A seemingly health 39-year old single mother from Utah died 5 days after getting the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Autopsy pending and currently her death is not classified as related to the vaccine. There are 1,136 deaths currently in the CDC database as having occurred after receiving the vaccine. None so far are classified as having been caused by the vaccine.

WEST POINT — Back when he was in the U.S. Air Force, vaccinations were required of airmen, and Al Hawley recalls conversations with military medics about the possible dangers of getting inoculations.

Yes, Hawley was told, deaths, however rare, can happen, “but it’s a small number, one in a million,” he said. “Basically, what that kind of means to me — if you need the shot, you kind of have to take that risk.”

With the Feb. 5 death of his stepdaughter, Kassidi Kurill, the West Point man has been recalling those discussions with the Air Force medics. It makes him wonder if the death of Kurill — just four days after her second COVID-19 vaccine shot on Feb. 1 — was somehow connected to getting vaccinated. The 39-year-old woman, otherwise healthy, lived in West Point with her 9-year-old daughter Emilia, her mom and her stepdad, Hawley. She sought out the vaccination because she was a medical worker, a surgical technician for area plastic surgeons.

“I think it was definitely the shot because it was a constant progression from the shot to being ill to having organ shutdown,” Hawley said.
Kurill 02

That is, Kurill started exhibiting some of the common side effects of the Moderna vaccine soon after getting her second and final booster shot — fever, headache, nausea, chills. The side effects lingered on then worsened, so three days later, Kurill went to the Davis Hospital and Medical Center emergency room in Layton. Doctors there determined she needed more specialized care and she was evacuated via helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray. She died the next day, Feb. 5.

“They said her liver had basically shut down,” Hawley said.

An autopsy is being carried out, Hawley said, which he hopes helps clarify the situation. U.S. and Utah medical officials, though, while not commenting on the Kurill case specifically, report no deaths definitively linked to COVID-19 vaccines. “We have not had any yet. Nothing has been confirmed,” said Martha Sharon, spokesperson for the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

The Utah Department of Health said it looks into deaths when the COVID-19 vaccine is mentioned, but so far officials have found no links. “There is no evidence COVID-19 vaccines have caused any deaths in Utah. Reports of adverse reactions and death following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the reaction or death,” said a statement.

At any rate, the Kurill case, along with three other deaths of people in Utah after they received COVID-19 vaccinations, are on federal officials’ radar screen, included in the CDC’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, or VAERS, database. The database is a compilation of submitted reports of people’s adverse reactions, including death, to varied vaccines.

Aside from Kurill, the other three from Utah include an 86-year-old man who died Feb. 5, 11 days after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine; an 83-year-old woman who died Jan. 16, four days after being vaccinated; and a second 83-year-old woman who died on an unspecified date, a day after vaccination. Nationwide, 1,136 cases of people who died after getting a COVID-19 vaccination were in the VAERS database, according to Sharon.

There’s no telling if any of the 1,136 deaths nationwide, including the four in Utah, are, in fact, connected to the COVID-19 vaccine, but Sharon said medical records, autopsies and other documents related to the cases will be reviewed by CDC reps. Right now, she said, the agency is “swimming” in data that it has yet to sort through.

While not commenting on particulars of Kurill’s untimely death, Sharon offered condolences. “It’s very unfortunate. Obviously our heart goes out to the people who have experienced tragedy,” she said.

Hawley described Kurill, who was divorced, as a doting mother, generous with others and vibrant. She lived in Davis County pretty much her entire life. “She was just alive,” he said.

But while expressing sorrow, Sharon also defended the COVID-19 vaccines, which have undergone rigorous review by medical experts. “We find that the vaccines are safe. We’re not finding anything out of the ordinary,” she said.

In fact, the reported deaths that have followed vaccinations represent a minuscule share of the overall numbers of people who have been vaccinated. In the U.S., 33,226,913 people had been fully vaccinated, according to data posted Thursday on the Johns Hopkins University and Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center website. The 1,136 deaths across the country in the VAERS database, reported as of Feb. 26, represent 0.003419% of the total who are fully vaccinated.

The four cases in Utah represent 0.001177% of the 339,743 people who have been fully vaccinated, according to Utah Department of Health data.

“Millions of vaccinations are administered to children and adults in the United States each year. Serious adverse reactions are uncommon and deaths caused by vaccines are very rare,” reads ”Deaths following vaccination: What does the evidence show?”, a CDC report published in 2015, before the COVID-19 pandemic. It went on: “Any discussion of the true risks of vaccination should be balanced by acknowledgment of the well-established benefits of vaccines in preventing disease, disability and deaths from infectious diseases.”

Even Hawley got the COVID-19 vaccine, the second shot after his daughter’s death. The bigger risk for him, he determined, would be not getting vaccinated.

“I am 69 and diabetic. COVID is a pretty big threat for me,” he said. “It’s a decision you have to make for yourself and you need to make it based on a risk analysis.”

Still, he wonders.

Maybe the autopsy, when complete, will show Kurill had some other underlying condition that led to her death. However, given her rapid decline after getting the vaccination, Hawley suspects the shot had something to do with it, even while acknowledging that he may never get a definitive answer.

“I think my daughter was a one-in-a-million that had an adverse reaction. Because of that, you should go in there with your eyes open,” he said.

Yep.

1 Like

it sounds like she died from the vaccine. sad, but i’m not sure that means others shouldn’t get vaccinated. your chance of dying from covid is higher than dying from the vaccine.

not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is evidence to show that long-haulers are recovering from those symptoms simply by getting vaccinated

Some long-haul covid-19 patients say their symptoms are subsiding after getting vaccines (msn.com)

3 Likes