Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Ah, so MA will allow you to drive to CT or NH or wherever. Just a question of whether the other state will vaccinate you.

I doubt they will - but I might look into CT if they open my age group way ahead of MA, which it looks like they will as 45+ is the Monday after next and 35+ is supposed to be April 5th.

CT says that CT’s vaccines are for folks who live or work in the state. Some cops had to be called to a CVS a couple of weeks ago, when CVS mistakenly scheduled some Long Islanders for appointments at a CT site.

Or a smaller number of pharmacies. Like 0 in some counties

Huh? I thought we were talking about why it’s easier to get appointments in rural areas than in big cities. If there weren’t sites offering vaccinations in rural areas then it wouldn’t be easier to get vaccinated there.

1 Like

AL doesn’t require residency for shots. They opened up shots for educators before GA did, and there were news articles about GA educators taking trips over to get shots. Based on 3/11 cumulative data, it appears 3.5% of persons who have received shots (not counting federal programs) aren’t AL residents.

Yep, looks like a chunk of KS is wide open, the pharmacist today said they have a lot of folks who won’t get it so they are in fact accepting all comers.

Got round one of Moderna five hours ago. So far, so good.

3 Likes

huh. that’s good for you, but not a good sign overall.

1 Like

Yeah, I worry about the point where the limiting factor isn’t people finding vaccine appointments but the other way around.

Sounds like MountainHawk could hop a flight to Wichita or Topeka, get vaccinated, fly back, and not have to worry about being subject to Massachusetts’ quarantine.

Hmmm, I suppose I could do that too.

Having to go to KS twice would be a hassle though. Might be easier to get to the Javits Center. Are they vaccinating anyone or do you have to live or work in New York State?

Or if I can find a KS site that’s doing the Johnson & Johnson vaccine…

Got my shot Saturday. We are 3 for 3 in this house with extreme reactions to the first shot, after having Covid 6 months ago.

Will be interested to see what happens with #4. If she had Covid it was late Feb early March last year before they were testing. She had been traveling and could have picked it up in an airport or on a plane. No Covid cough though, so more likely was some other kind of bug.

1 Like

seems pretty consistently bad for the first shot for those who had covid.

Sounds similar to typical reaction to 2nd shot for most people, reinforcing the idea that for those who had covid, the 1st shot acts as a “booster.”

maybe, but what i’m hearing about the J&J shot is those who never had covid have no reaction other than a sore arm. those who have had covid have a bad reaction.

as long as J&J like actually works, this sounds preferable.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t think I ever had covid, never even felt the slightest bit sick in the past year.

First shot of Moderna, no side effects. So I guess we’ll see about round two.

/anecdote

One and a half observation points. My wife had both doses of Pfizer and no reaction to either other than a sore arm for a day. I had shot 1 and had a sore arm for a day. Second shot at the end of the month.

Just heard of someone who had j&j getting a headache and nauseous the next day. Never had covid.

I think the link below does a decent job of explaining why (in general) why people who had covid tend to react more strongly to the first dose, and people who haven’t had covid tend to react more strongly to the second dose.

Also, some Kroger store in Ohio gave people no vaccine, just shot them in the arm. It was in the news on the internet, so it must be true.

Just got notice that CT will open up to all residents as of 4/5/2021 due to a massive increase in doses from the Federal government.

2 Likes